PDA

View Full Version : Idle PD worry

Phil
01-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Suppose you have 35 PD credits from the 2000 transition and need only 15 more, and you get those 15 before filing your initial plan:

Do you then file your initial plan AND your executed plan at the same time? Or mail them one day after each other?

Will the SOA be more likely than usual to reject such an executed plan, since all the credits are pre-initial plan?

Thanks!

Willie Mosconi
01-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't think there will be much of an issue. I would go ahead and e-mail Leslie Fausher at the SOA at lfausher@soa.org.

Phil
01-26-2006, 10:37 AM
One other question:
Suppose I borrow someone else's Distance Learning tapes instead of buying my own during my initial PD registration. Does the SOA find out about this and disqualify me?

Willie Mosconi
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM
One other question:
Suppose I borrow someone else's Distance Learning tapes instead of buying my own during my initial PD registration. Does the SOA find out about this and disqualify me?

I don't think it matters. I went to the annual meeting in November, but also placed an order for the CDs of the sessions. I thought it would be helpful to have a copy of my own for future reference. I will document in my executed plan that I had these CDs and used them for some of my distance learning. I don't think it's necessary that you say you borrowed them.