PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another PD Question

dinosaur
03-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Alright, I think I've gone long enough imersing myself in work that I need to finally put an end to getting my PD finished.

Here's a quick summary of where I'm at:

Course 1-8 passed (C8 last sitting)
15 credits from pre-2000 conversion
Attended New Orleans 2005 spring meeting
Attending the Investment Symposium in 2 weeksI know I can get up to 15 credits from the New Orleans meeting I attended a year ago. Question is do I need to file a initial PD plan before I head off to the Symposium later this month if I also want to use that towards my PD? I know it won't be approved for 5-6 weeks but want to make sure I can get credit for both the N.O. and NYC seminars.

I tried calling the SOA and left a voice mail with the appropriate person but I haven't heard anything back. I've just been to busy to sit down and see what it is I need to do exactly but I need to figure this out soon. In fact, I'll take a look at everything I printed off tonight.

wat?
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Alright, I think I've gone long enough imersing myself in work that I need to finally put an end to getting my PD finished.

Here's a quick summary of where I'm at:

Course 1-8 passed (C8 last sitting)
15 credits from pre-2000 conversion
Attended New Orleans 2005 spring meeting
Attending the Investment Symposium in 2 weeksI know I can get up to 15 credits from the New Orleans meeting I attended a year ago. Question is do I need to file a initial PD plan before I head off to the Symposium later this month if I also want to use that towards my PD? I know it won't be approved for 5-6 weeks but want to make sure I can get credit for both the N.O. and NYC seminars.

I tried calling the SOA and left a voice mail with the appropriate person but I haven't heard anything back. I've just been to busy to sit down and see what it is I need to do exactly but I need to figure this out soon. In fact, I'll take a look at everything I printed off tonight.

Are the 15 credits from exams prior to 2000? Then aren't you able to use those credits to fulfill the project and those won't be counted as part of the 15 you satisfied prior to your initial PD filing?

dinosaur
03-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Are the 15 credits from exams prior to 2000?

Yes.

Then aren't you able to use those credits to fulfill the project

Yes, I'm using my conversion credits to cover the project. 35 remain.

...and those won't be counted as part of the 15 you satisfied prior to your initial PD filing?...

Right, I can take up to 15 from the Spring meeting. 20 remain.

I completed all the requirements so if I go to the Investment Symposium, I can get up to 11 more credits. 9 remain.

I was just hoping that I can use the 15 from N.O. as well as the 11 in N.Y.C. in two weeks.

wooHoo
03-07-2006, 04:43 PM
File the initial plan as soon as possible. It took them a week to approve my initial plan with the effective date of when they received it.

wat?
03-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Right, I can take up to 15 from the Spring meeting. 20 remain.

I completed all the requirements so if I go to the Investment Symposium, I can get up to 11 more credits. 9 remain.

I was just hoping that I can use the 15 from N.O. as well as the 11 in N.Y.C. in two weeks.

Okay, yeah - sorry. This is the part I misread.

Time and time again, I find that I dun read too good. :duh:

Katie.
03-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Are there really 15 useable credits from the New Orleans meeting? You have to be able to tie them all back to your plan.

pepeTHEgrate
03-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I know it won't be approved for 5-6 weeks

"5-6 weeks" is about the executed plan approval, your initial plan approval date is the date when your payment is received (but you should initiate e-mail application asap)

dinosaur
03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Are there really 15 useable credits from the New Orleans meeting? You have to be able to tie them all back to your plan.

I believe there was up to 15 available at N.O. and I did mostly Investment stuff. Figured I should get at least 10.

...initial plan approval date is the date when your payment is received (but you should initiate e-mail application asap)

Great, maybe I can get this out this week then as the initial plan isn't as detailed as the executed plan submission.