PDA

View Full Version : Kids at FAC banquet?

M.
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
How incredibly lame would it be for me to bring my 8-year-old to the FAC graduation banquet? My wife is coming, and it looks like we won't be able to secure sufficient babysitting to leave him behind.

So, am I likely to be the only one with a kid there?

foghorn
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
How incredibly lame would it be for me to bring my 8-year-old to the FAC graduation banquet? My wife is coming, and it looks like we won't be able to secure sufficient babysitting to leave him behind.

So, am I likely to be the only one with a kid there?

I doubt you'll be the only one, but definitely in a minority. A trusted FSA told me when I went, that I should by all means take my kids. However, I did not choose to afford the air fare for them. Anyway, even if you are the only one, it still won't be a big deal to anyone else there. It will be long and boring for him though. Does he have a gameboy?

M.
03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Yep, he has a GameBoy. That's probably a really good idea. I can have him turn down the volume and keep himself entertained.

I'm afraid it's going to be very expensive to take him with us (over $400 for the plane ticket, and $95 for the "guest fee" at the banquet), but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm just glad I likely won't be the only one doing this.

Thanks!

Dr T Non-Fan
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
What about Crossing the Desert?
The Unblinking Eye?
The Paddling of the Swollen Ass...with paddles.
The Stone of Shame?
Certainly you don't want him to see any of those.

M.
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
What about Crossing the Desert?
The Unblinking Eye?
The Paddling of the Swollen Ass...with paddles.
The Stone of Shame?
Certainly you don't want him to see any of those.
Sorry, I'm not following you...

Double High C
03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Are you going to serve the kid to the cat?

Did you buy him for two zuzim?

Phil
03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
It will be long and boring for him though.
It'll be long and boring for me too, and I'm getting my fellowship there! What on earth do they do from 6:30 to 10:30? Is there dancing? Do they have a stand up comedy act or something? Is there music? Or do we just sit around at tables for 4 hours and pick at celery stalks?

Traina
03-28-2006, 08:56 PM
There's dinner, long prez speech and then even longer hand-out of certificates. Then off to the bar for the real fun :)

foghorn
03-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Um.....I think we've said too much already.

:tfh:

Double High C
03-31-2006, 11:52 AM
There's dinner, long prez speech and then even longer hand-out of certificates. Then off to the bar for the real fun :)

Does the audience have to hold their applause until the end? :-)

ACCtuary
03-31-2006, 11:53 AM
I doubt you'll be the only one, but definitely in a minority. A trusted FSA told me when I went, that I should by all means take my kids. However, I did not choose to afford the air fare for them. Anyway, even if you are the only one, it still won't be a big deal to anyone else there. It will be long and boring for him though. Does he have a gameboy?

So long as he has the exam requirements, it should be just fine to have him there :crazy:

Traina
03-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Does the audience have to hold their applause until the end? :-)
Nah...you can cheer on the popular kids as they cross the stage :)

Kenny
03-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Yep, he has a GameBoy. That's probably a really good idea. I can have him turn down the volume and keep himself entertained.

I'm afraid it's going to be very expensive to take him with us (over $400 for the plane ticket, and $95 for the "guest fee" at the banquet), but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm just glad I likely won't be the only one doing this.

Thanks!
The kids meal is less than $95. I think it is like $30-35.