Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Financial Mathematics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Exam FM/2 December 2017 Thread (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=327541)

k3vinz 02-19-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakepotock (Post 9184676)
Hi all,

I just got done with exam FM. I passed!!

This is really shocking to me because i was only up to an EL 3.5 on adapt. As you could imagine, i thought the exam was going to smoke me.

It honestly wasn’t that bad though. Good luck to everyone!!

Hey just wondering which manual did you use? Also can anyone answer if the ASM FM manual is a good manual to at least learn the material from scratch ill be taking an actuarial math class in august though but will like to get ahead.

JimF 02-19-2018 07:19 PM

I took it today and passed. I used Coaching Actuary online manual, two free TIA practice exams, and Actex's GOAL practice problems and exams.

jola.duro@uconn.edu 02-19-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimF (Post 9246857)
I took it today and passed. I used Coaching Actuary online manual, two free TIA practice exams, and Actex's GOAL practice problems and exams.

Congrats!!!(: I take it Saturday and I can't raise my 5.9 EL for the life of me): it's really discouraging ): what EL did you have going in today, if you don't mind me asking. Do you think CA or TIA was closest to exam's difficulty? Any last minute advice for me?! anything would help I'm really freaking out

Actuarial Exams 02-19-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jola.duro@uconn.edu (Post 9246891)
Congrats!!!(: I take it Saturday and I can't raise my 5.9 EL for the life of me): it's really discouraging ): what EL did you have going in today, if you don't mind me asking. Do you think CA or TIA was closest to exam's difficulty? Any last minute advice for me?! anything would help I'm really freaking out

Don't worry. ADAPT problems are harder than the real exam problems.

jola.duro@uconn.edu 02-19-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Actuarial Exams (Post 9246892)
Don't worry. ADAPT problems are harder than the real exam problems.

Thank you that makes me feel slightly better. Congrats again(:

smh so sorry thought you were JimF

jola.duro@uconn.edu 02-21-2018 08:58 PM

Feb 2018 sitting Saturday!!

anyone else taken the exam yet?! I'm sort of freaking out. I'm 3 days away (I sit on Sat) and I'm on 7.4 EL on adapt but did another practice today to try to raise it and got 23/35 which isn't 71% and I'm just really worried. Feel like a headless chicken-- Idk what to do with myself, how to study and what to study anymore :( who else is sitting soon, what are you doing for last min prep?!

mdeff 02-23-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jola.duro@uconn.edu (Post 9249428)
who else is sitting soon, what are you doing for last min prep?!

I passed yesterday with a 7.4 EL. My last minute strategy was to do custom exams at an easier EL to boost my confidence. I also did quizzes based on my weak spots given by the section reports.

Best of luck tomorrow on the exam.

polak001djkk 02-23-2018 12:52 PM

For those who have taken the FM in February or recently. What would you say is the breakdown by each section? Is it evenly spread across them or one section that is heavily weighted/asked while another that has just 1-2 questions.

jola.duro@uconn.edu 02-23-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdeff (Post 9251210)
I passed yesterday with a 7.4 EL. My last minute strategy was to do custom exams at an easier EL to boost my confidence. I also did quizzes based on my weak spots given by the section reports.

Best of luck tomorrow on the exam.

Omg, CONGRATS!!!(: What would you say the difficulty level of your exam was? I have done 4 of the TIA exams and have been scoring well on them, did you work on those at all? If so, would you say ADAPT or TIA is closest to exam difficulty? So sorry for the million questions, I'm just very nervous :( ....congrats again!

mdeff 02-26-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jola.duro@uconn.edu (Post 9251536)
What would you say the difficulty level of your exam was? I have done 4 of the TIA exams and have been scoring well on them, did you work on those at all? If so, would you say ADAPT or TIA is closest to exam difficulty? So sorry for the million questions, I'm just very nervous :( ....congrats again!

Sorry for not getting back to you before your exam hopefully all went well. But I didn't use TIA, I only used ADAPT and I would say around 5-6 was the true level of the exam. Hopefully your nervousness was for naught and you passed.