Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Software & Technology (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   WoW Classic (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=340547)

Whoaminoneofyourbusiness 05-16-2019 09:59 AM

WoW Classic

Who is excited to ruin their life over this? Debating to resub to retail for the time being for the chance at a beta key.

Would be cool to find some people to play with before it launches

SlowMotionWalter 05-16-2019 10:03 AM

Was just thinking about this. Thinking about it enough to d/l vanilla 1.12 and log in to a private server. It's fun seeing the pre-Cata zones. Will prolly sub Classic when it drops. Probably won't invest enough time to down Rags, though.

Whoaminoneofyourbusiness 05-16-2019 10:09 AM

nothing like spending 40 hours a week farming mats right

SlowMotionWalter 05-16-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness (Post 9625910)
nothing like spending 40 hours a week farming mats right

oh memories. and the required ony run to get on the list for mc. MOAR DOTS!!!!!!

Whoaminoneofyourbusiness 05-16-2019 10:22 AM

I wonder if we'll actually need all the consumables now that there's 15 years of retail where people learned to not be crap at the game.

SlowMotionWalter 05-16-2019 10:27 AM

always gonna have dipshits that pull down the raid, so yeah, probably.

examsarehard 05-16-2019 10:37 AM

This game brings back a lot of memories, but there's no way I have time for it now.

DjPim 05-16-2019 12:33 PM

I resubbed for a month using gold I had on one of my toons. Also downloading a client for 1.12 lights hope server, depending on a few things. Right now I found an old char I played back in tbc that was around 45, so I plan on getting them to 60 and freezing exp to play some 'project 60' content, though it will be very different.

I'm still debating between warrior/mage/warlock. On one hand, 2 of the 4 or 5 people I'll play classic with are going warrior and (probably) mage, so I don't want to ruin that experience, but on the other hand I don't want to base my whole experience on that, choose a class I won't enjoy as much, then find out we don't play together as often as we're anticipating.

DjPim 05-16-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness (Post 9625925)
I wonder if we'll actually need all the consumables now that there's 15 years of retail where people learned to not be crap at the game.

I think there's going to be a huuuge different in this regard. People will be more proficient / active in getting required mats earlier, as everyone will know what is BiS / needed down the road, and mechanics will be practically a non-issue. Not sure if that will allow more or less off-spec play though..

Whoaminoneofyourbusiness 05-16-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjPim (Post 9626135)
I think there's going to be a huuuge different in this regard. People will be more proficient / active in getting required mats earlier, as everyone will know what is BiS / needed down the road, and mechanics will be practically a non-issue. Not sure if that will allow more or less off-spec play though..

Right, I really don't think any boss from vanilla has mechanics that come close to some of the more technical bosses in retail. I'm just going to be curious if bosses like sapph really need the gear to be farmed