Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Financial Mathematics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Exam FM/2 December 2017 Thread (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=327541)

Taemisung1 10-24-2017 10:06 AM

Exam FM/2 December 2017 Thread

Creating this thread for the December sitting. Recently sat for October and noticed nobody ever created a thread that we can all complain and think on...:viola:

Cation 11-14-2017 10:33 AM

Thanks for starting this tread! I am exactly a month out and need to step it up. :study: How is studying going for everyone else?

Shakeela 11-15-2017 01:00 PM

Good idea starting a thread for this exam. Feel free to post any questions about the exam that you have. I'll try to remember to come back regularly and check.

One month left - perfect time to step it up a notch and start the Study Strategy Boost!

You might also like my Daily Exam FM questions Facebook group. I've just recently created it and will start posting questions next week. I post them as a poll so that members can select their guess to the solution.

Brea

tunmi 11-20-2017 02:51 PM

3 weeks to go!

xplicitator 11-21-2017 12:49 AM

Is anybody here using the 12th edition of the ASM manual? If so, how are you guys finding the practice exams?

Nlong689 11-21-2017 09:54 PM

Hi guys!

I am about a month in studying for FM and am using the ASM manual along with Adapt. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for what kinds of problems are likely to appear the most on this exam. Also, if anyone has already taken this and subsequent exams I would be interested to know if any of these topics are revisited in later exams.

Thanks

Shakeela 11-22-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlong689 (Post 9171153)
Hi guys!

I am about a month in studying for FM and am using the ASM manual along with Adapt. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for what kinds of problems are likely to appear the most on this exam. Also, if anyone has already taken this and subsequent exams I would be interested to know if any of these topics are revisited in later exams.

Thanks

Hey!

If you look at the syllabus it gives you a general guideline as to what % of questions will be related to each topic. I'm not sure how accurately the SOA follows those percentages though so you probably don't want to rely on them too much.

The topics on FM are definitely used in future exams.. MFE builds a lot on the FM topics and the concepts learned in FM are used throughout your actuarial career too.

Brea

Cation 11-30-2017 11:10 AM

I know this is posted in a lot of different places, but I want to reiterate how great the Coaching Actuaries ADAPT and Review for FM is treating me for my last minute cram review. To learn the material, I used ASM. This was an excellent manual for learning the content and equations the first time through. However, I am a visual learner and the diagrams CA provides in the explanations have been really helpful in strengthening my understanding of everything. I was looking at a lot of the offered last minute reviews, and I am glad I chose ADAPT and Review FM.

EActuary 12-02-2017 04:18 PM

FM Advice

Hi all,

I am sitting for FM in December. I took it once before and failed but this was before they made the syllabus changes. Has anyone taken it after the new changes have been made? The syllabus makes it seem like an entire section is just concept based not calculation based. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!:santa:

Cation 12-08-2017 01:03 PM

Anyone take the December exam yet? If so, what did you think?