Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Exams - General (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone ever cheated on an exam before? (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=66320)

shadyridr 10-28-2005 11:52 AM

Anyone ever cheated on an exam before?

Just wondering?:oops:

IMP 10-28-2005 11:58 AM

an actuarial exam? never. never seen anyone do it either.

shadyridr 10-28-2005 01:21 PM

People too afraid to answer this question?

LoneGirl 10-28-2005 02:35 PM

Have you ever taken an exam? It would be very hard to cheat, first of all. They have very strict rules - even on things like no food or drinks, not more than one person can go to the restroom at the same time, etc. Every proctor I have ever had follows these rules strictly. After all of this, if you still managed to cheat, the consequences are very harsh. I think it would pretty much ruin your chances at an actuarial career.

shadyridr 10-28-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneGirl
Have you ever taken an exam? It would be very hard to cheat, first of all. They have very strict rules - even on things like no food or drinks, not more than one person can go to the restroom at the same time, etc. Every proctor I have ever had follows these rules strictly. After all of this, if you still managed to cheat, the consequences are very harsh. I think it would pretty much ruin your chances at an actuarial career.

I have taken an exam. "Hypothetically speaking" isnt it very easy to bring a formula sheet into the bathroom?

LoneGirl 10-28-2005 02:54 PM

Maybe, but considering the consequences if you're caught, you'd have to be pretty stupid to try it. It's not worth it.

Phil 10-28-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

not more than one person can go to the restroom at the same time, etc.

That's the killer. I'd hate to spend hours writing all my formulas on a roll of toilet paper, and then can't get to the bathroom to use them because some other student is in there the whole time.

shadyridr 10-28-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but considering the consequences if you're caught, you'd have to be pretty stupid to try it. It's not worth it.

I agree its stupid. Just wondering if anyones done it.

Lois Lane 10-28-2005 03:16 PM

i think most people agree that the consequences are too horrible to chance it. that being said, there are probably folks who did it, but wouldn't take the risk of answering yes.

the only "cheating" i've done is slipping a granola bar into my cargo pants, and then stuffing it down my throat during a quick bathroom break. i can't go too long without food b/c i get the shakes. (when i was pregnant and technically "disabled", i got permission in advance to eat during the exam.)

Maxprime 10-28-2005 03:35 PM

There were people cheating in a C1 sitting and the proctor just kept telling them to stop talking to each other (what an idiot). I didn't care, if they had to cheat they probably were only going to make the pass mark lower. I was pissed that one guy was getting answers off another, but I was more worried about passing my exam than what they were doing.

Cheating on an exam that is a good portion of your career is too risky.