Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Non-Actuarial Topics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Are you letting anyone in your home? (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=347376)

IMP 03-28-2020 11:44 PM

Are you letting anyone in your home?

I still have my maid come. I’m about to have an a/c maintenance guy here. I have a family member taking time visiting his friend in Boca and will stay with me on his drive back. My brother thinks I’m nuts and stupid for letting anyone in my house. I understand his concern but I think keeping distance from them will be fine.

Lucy 03-29-2020 12:46 AM

Shared communal surfaces, like doorknobs, the handles of the fridge and the faucet are a concern, it's not just how close you are.

No, I'm not letting anyone else in my home right now.

tommie frazier 03-29-2020 01:10 AM

nope.my cousin stopped by the house and walked in while my wife was aghast and told him to stay the f in the doorway. but she was pissed he walked in without being invited (which wouldn't be bad in normal times).

NerdAlert 03-29-2020 01:11 AM

Yes, if they are related to fostering as we canít deny them access. And if we get a placement we will have them in our home of course.

Also we are letting one family in our home, as our neighbor friend is a nurse and needs childcare one day a week and we are helping out.

Otherwise, no.

Could you offer to pay for a hotel for the relative? Seems like a risky move right now to have them stay with you.

ao fan 03-29-2020 01:34 AM

I haven't, but I don't generally have people over in normal times anyway. i'm not like hugely social.

i'd like to get cable during this whole stay at home order, but my building has rules in place during this which includes no work done on your apartment, which i'm assuming the cable guy falls under, so no cable.

but, I can get the Cuomo press briefing on the internet, so that's mostly what I wanna see anyway.

dgtatum 03-29-2020 04:57 AM

We haven't but I do have a friend from Atlanta coming to spend the week with us in a week or 2. He is single and super bored.

Jasper07734 03-29-2020 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ao fan (Post 9836916)
I haven't, but I don't generally have people over in normal times anyway. i'm not like hugely social.

Jaspess and I aren't big have people over people either.

Incredible Hulctuary 03-29-2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ao fan (Post 9836916)
i'd like to get cable during this whole stay at home order, but my building has rules in place during this which includes no work done on your apartment, which i'm assuming the cable guy falls under, so no cable.

So just get Sling TV, YouTube TV, or another streaming TV service with the channels you want. Your cable TV provider may also offer a streaming-only package that doesn't involve a cable box or technician inside your apartment.

Whiskey 03-29-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgtatum (Post 9836919)
We haven't but I do have a friend from Atlanta coming to spend the week with us in a week or 2. He is single and super bored.

This doesn't seem like a good idea, imo.

Whiskey 03-29-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incredible Hulctuary (Post 9836927)
So just get Sling TV, YouTube TV, or another streaming TV service with the channels you want. Your cable TV provider may also offer a streaming-only package that doesn't involve a cable box or technician inside your apartment.

:iatp: