Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Non-Actuarial Topics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Are you letting anyone in your home? (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=347376)

Kid Rock 03-29-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ao fan (Post 9836916)
I haven't, but I don't generally have people over in normal times anyway. i'm not like hugely social.

i'd like to get cable during this whole stay at home order, but my building has rules in place during this which includes no work done on your apartment, which i'm assuming the cable guy falls under, so no cable.

but, I can get the Cuomo press briefing on the internet, so that's mostly what I wanna see anyway.

It may be possible to order cable, get account set up and then stream on app. Fios and Xfinity both have app to watch all channels.

yoyo 03-29-2020 10:01 AM

nope

Arthur Itas 03-29-2020 10:06 AM

In general, no. No one has been in my house. However if the fridge/HVAC/washer broke I'd have to get them fixed. Same with a busted pipe or a similar event.

Some douchebag came knocking on my door a week or so ago. He had a clipboard in his hand so assume he was probably looking for money for some cause. He respectfully stood 10 feet back when I opened the door. I just said "No" before he could get a word in and he turned around and left.

BlackPhillip 03-29-2020 10:12 AM

Q: Are you letting anyone in your home?
A: No.

Patience 03-29-2020 10:16 AM

haven't been.

If I needed service on something I would

Gandalf 03-29-2020 10:32 AM

So far, our adult daughter, yes. She's returning to her home today, to an area with somewhat move exposure than here, to a job that will involve some interaction with people, in a business deemed essential. Unclear whether we will let her return anytime soon. Certainly not if symptomatic, probably not if risk increases where she'll be. Next potential visit here is in 2 weeks, as her employer currently has employees 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. She and we have tried to be careful this visit, and since she is still asymptomatic, we probably dodged the bullet this time.

No one else has been in the house.

Mildly :tfh: to me, but each must judge the risks for themselves: My wife and her best friend had been taking walks outside together, remaining 6 feet apart and from everyone else. Friend decided that since we let the daughter come home, no more walks together (even with social distancing) until 2 weeks after that. Whether it's 2 weeks from when the daughter got here, or 2 weeks from today when she leaves, unclear.

Gandalf 03-29-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf (Post 9836962)
Next potential visit here is in 2 weeks, as her employer currently has employees 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. She and we have tried to be careful this visit, and since she is still asymptomatic, we probably dodged the bullet this time.

Just corrected by wife and daughter, even though they didn't see this post. Next potential visit is for the weekend 4 weeks from now. That would be after her 2 weeks on the job, 2 weeks at her home out only for essential shopping or maybe exercise walks, then possibly here for the weekend if still asymptomatic.

IMP 03-29-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy (Post 9836906)
Shared communal surfaces, like doorknobs, the handles of the fridge and the faucet are a concern, it's not just how close you are.

No, I'm not letting anyone else in my home right now.

Good point. Hmmm.

chicken_po_boy 03-29-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMP (Post 9836891)
I still have my maid come. Iím about to have an a/c maintenance guy here. I have a family member taking time visiting his friend in Boca and will stay with me on his drive back. My brother thinks Iím nuts and stupid for letting anyone in my house. I understand his concern but I think keeping distance from them will be fine.

Your brother's concerns are valid

3rookie 03-29-2020 12:19 PM

Good topic.

No