Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Probability (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   JANUARY 2017 P/1 THREAD (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=316249)

Adamszequi 11-20-2016 01:04 AM

JANUARY 2017 P/1 THREAD

Hello friends,
I started this thread for those of us taking the p exam in January 2017 .I took it this November having studied only the SOA 152 questions and I failed.Surprisingly I was more confident about taking it again when I left the exam hall.I just started doing my research about resources and found out about the various outlets that can be used as practice material.
I started this thread for others taking the exam in January so we can share resources and exchange ideas.

taemisung 11-22-2016 05:53 PM

Took exam p last Wednesday as well, but failed. I've been going at problems nonstop via adapt but I was only at level 4 so that probably explains it (mentor-type figure says I should be around level 7-8). I've also taken TIA's 4 free exams. But I haven't attempted any of the SOA 153 problems, so I'll probably be doing those as well this time around.

Adamszequi 11-22-2016 08:28 PM

Hey , I'm sorry you didn't pass.Wish you better luck this time around.I would suggest a few of resources I gathered online which I'm using now.The highlight of most suggestions I gathered was practice practice practice so here they go.
1.Michigan state University actuarial p online simulation exam(free)
2.Actex questions
3.ASM questions
4.Guo Manual
5.Adapt
I would be posting a lot more as I come across them.Goodluck!!
I would be using adapt a little later tho since I want to familiarize myself with the material again .

toesockshoe 11-22-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taemisung (Post 8781208)
Took exam p last Wednesday as well, but failed. I've been going at problems nonstop via adapt but I was only at level 4 so that probably explains it (mentor-type figure says I should be around level 7-8). I've also taken TIA's 4 free exams. But I haven't attempted any of the SOA 153 problems, so I'll probably be doing those as well this time around.

is that profile pic a real picture of you?

redearedslider 11-22-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toesockshoe (Post 8781331)

Asking the important questions.

toesockshoe 11-22-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redearedslider (Post 8781346)
Asking the important questions.

edited to look professionally competent

taemisung 11-24-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toesockshoe (Post 8781331)

Yes, hahaha that is a real picture of myself

taemisung 11-24-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamszequi (Post 8781310)
Hey , I'm sorry you didn't pass.Wish you better luck this time around.I would suggest a few of resources I gathered online which I'm using now.The highlight of most suggestions I gathered was practice practice practice so here they go.
1.Michigan state University actuarial p online simulation exam(free)
2.Actex questions
3.ASM questions
4.Guo Manual
5.Adapt
I would be posting a lot more as I come across them.Goodluck!!
I would be using adapt a little later tho since I want to familiarize myself with the material again .

Thanks! I wish the same for you as well. I'll take a look at the ones I haven't tried yet

Adamszequi 11-24-2016 10:10 AM

You're welcome pretty !!

redearedslider 11-24-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamszequi (Post 8782676)
You're welcome pretty !!

;-)