Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Software & Technology (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Excel Problems (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=329780)

NormalDan 02-01-2018 04:07 PM

Excel Problems

"Document not saved."

What the hell Excel. Why not!?

redearedslider 02-01-2018 04:15 PM

This and the crash when enabling content errors are the reasons I save multiple versions of all my workbooks.

1695814 02-01-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NormalDan (Post 9229688)
"Document not saved."

What the hell Excel. Why not!?

Oh! I just got this last week! :swear: I was able to salvage what I needed, but my oh my that was a close one. :burn:

IMP 02-01-2018 09:00 PM

I get that quite often. I find that I can save it to my hard drive and then copy the file to the network. Annoying and time waste.

Dr T Non-Fan 02-05-2018 12:58 PM

Perhaps you accidentally hit "ESC" during the save procedure?
And, yeah, could be a full drive. Time to stop hoarding those ten-year-old files.

NormalDan 02-05-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan (Post 9232161)
Perhaps you accidentally hit "ESC" during the save procedure?
And, yeah, could be a full drive. Time to stop hoarding those ten-year-old files.

I don't believe the former is the case, I was pretty eager to have it save successfully so got that error repeatedly.

I don't think it was a full drive either, I think it's me running out of memory on my PC from having too many spreadsheets open and my computer basically saying f u I'm done. Fortunately got it to agree to save to my local then was able to completely close out of excel, reopen it off my desktop and then save it on the drive.

Definitely a scary error that always seems to catch me having not saved for hours.

mathmajor 02-05-2018 03:38 PM

I've also had this. Can confirm it's sort of random.

whisper 02-05-2018 03:59 PM

It's a network issue. Something is screwing up the communication with your device and the network drive.

JMO 02-05-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NormalDan (Post 9232169)
I don't believe the former is the case, I was pretty eager to have it save successfully so got that error repeatedly.

I don't think it was a full drive either, I think it's me running out of memory on my PC from having too many spreadsheets open and my computer basically saying f u I'm done. Fortunately got it to agree to save to my local then was able to completely close out of excel, reopen it off my desktop and then save it on the drive.

Definitely a scary error that always seems to catch me having not saved for hours.

Sounds to me like the network balked the first time you tried to save. And subsequent tries didn't work simply because that's how network glitches behave. Saving to hard drive is the only work-around I know of.

redearedslider 02-05-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisper (Post 9232481)
It's a network issue. Something is screwing up the communication with your device and the network drive.

SharePoint :wall: