Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Non-Actuarial Topics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   RuneScape (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=311868)

DjPim 10-05-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Actuario (Post 9445852)
I feel like the game would be unrecognizable if I logged in today.

Yeah, that's why we play on the oldschool server. Way better than trying to re-learn the whole game. Downside is restarting from scratch, but with all the mini-games and new quests they've added, it makes certain aspects of the grind more palatable.

redearedslider 10-06-2018 09:54 PM

I died to a rat and lost everything

El Actuario 10-07-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redearedslider (Post 9446266)
I died to a rat and lost everything

Giant rat I hope.

SlowMotionWalter 10-08-2018 08:27 AM

Played a bunch over the weekend. Pretty fun, but damn if I didn't spend hours looking things up. Gonna have a bunch of q's for you'se all.

SlowMotionWalter 10-08-2018 08:57 AM

So, travelling QoL stuff. I started working on magic to get ports. Are there any cheap/easy ways to travel at low levels?

DjPim 10-08-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter (Post 9446636)
So, travelling QoL stuff. I started working on magic to get ports. Are there any cheap/easy ways to travel at low levels?

I'd say make it your goal to work towards doing Tree Gnome Village and Grand Tree quests to use spirit trees and gnome gliders. There are a lot of pieces of jewelry that offer teleports that I think any level can use. How low level are we talking? World 30 (330?) is for 'House parties' where people with high level construction allow anyone to use their house for free, which will mean getting access to all their perks (ornate jewelry box + portals for teleports). You would really just need to carry around some house teleport tablets or runes to teleport to your house in that case, then use whatever you need from them.

Depending on your time and goals, training agility is a good investment, as you can unlock shortcuts, your run energy lasts / recovers longer, and you can get a set of armor (graceful) as a reward that makes you run longer and recover energy a lot faster when stationary. Takes quite a while to unlock though.

DjPim 10-08-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjPim (Post 9446857)
I'd say make it your goal to work towards doing Tree Gnome Village and Grand Tree quests

Also, enlightened journey to use hot air balloons. The most useful, though, is fairy ring teleports (have to finish Fairy Tale Part I, then start part II, so might take a bit to work up to that if just starting.) I forgot to mention that high level houses will have rejuvenation pools you can drink to restore health, prayer, and run energy. If anyone is starting out and needs some cash to make life easier just hit me up, special AO offer lol.

SlowMotionWalter 10-08-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjPim (Post 9446857)
I'd say make it your goal to work towards doing Tree Gnome Village and Grand Tree quests to use spirit trees and gnome gliders. There are a lot of pieces of jewelry that offer teleports that I think any level can use. How low level are we talking? World 30 (330?) is for 'House parties' where people with high level construction allow anyone to use their house for free, which will mean getting access to all their perks (ornate jewelry box + portals for teleports). You would really just need to carry around some house teleport tablets or runes to teleport to your house in that case, then use whatever you need from them.

Depending on your time and goals, training agility is a good investment, as you can unlock shortcuts, your run energy lasts / recovers longer, and you can get a set of armor (graceful) as a reward that makes you run longer and recover energy a lot faster when stationary. Takes quite a while to unlock though.

Thanks for the world tip. I'll def start playing on 330. Low level being I started on Friday. I'm just not used to all the walking. Walking speed is so unbearably slow.

Trondomar 10-08-2018 11:45 AM

i can also trim your armour for free. meet me in varrock and we just gotta head a little north.

El Actuario 10-08-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trondomar (Post 9446889)
i can also trim your armour for free. meet me in varrock and we just gotta head a little north.

Triggered yet again.