Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   University of Pittsburgh (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Anybody here? (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=287269)

In_Tequila_Veritas 11-21-2014 12:20 PM

Anybody here?
 
Thought I would see a bit more going on here.

Maybe everyone just went to med school or something.

FormLetter 01-06-2015 05:16 PM

Maybe their club is dissolving. For a while I saw a flurry of resumes from there. Now it has been nearly a year.

Maybe they are having luck landing spots and aren't carpet-bombing the entire country with resumes too. Always look on the bright side!

kushy04 11-08-2017 09:14 AM

I went to Pitt but they don't offer any SOA approved courses or even an Actuarial Sciences major. I get the feeling that the majority of PA actuarial students end up graduating from a number of universities in Philly or Penn State.

I basically wasted my time and money going to Pitt, I had to bust my ass to get my first entry level actuarial job.

JimF 04-28-2019 08:10 PM

Pittsburgh
 
The majority might go to Penn State or Philly, but Robert Morris University has some actuarial classes and I think they are SOA approved.

I did not go to college in the Pittsburgh area, but I live there now and am hoping to meet some actuaries around here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kushy04 (Post 9159339)
I went to Pitt but they don't offer any SOA approved courses or even an Actuarial Sciences major. I get the feeling that the majority of PA actuarial students end up graduating from a number of universities in Philly or Penn State.

I basically wasted my time and money going to Pitt, I had to bust my ass to get my first entry level actuarial job.


beachchic220 04-30-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimF (Post 9610294)
The majority might go to Penn State or Philly, but Robert Morris University has some actuarial classes and I think they are SOA approved.

I did not go to college in the Pittsburgh area, but I live there now and am hoping to meet some actuaries around here.

I went to Pitt and they definitely have an actuarial major and approved SOA courses. Not sure how long ago kushy04 graduated.

JimF 05-04-2019 05:54 PM

Pitt
 
Thanks, beachchic. I found out about Pitt's courses and asked if they have any students studying for IFM that I could meet up with. Good luck with exam 5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachchic220 (Post 9612936)
I went to Pitt and they definitely have an actuarial major and approved SOA courses. Not sure how long ago kushy04 graduated.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Page generated in 0.18633 seconds with 9 queries