Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Exam PA: Predictive Analytics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=317)
-   -   Predictive Analytics exam (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=324968)

Sammy88888888 08-04-2017 07:34 PM

Predictive Analytics exam

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea where I can find some seminar that preps the students for this exam?

Thanks,
Sam

Whoaminoneofyourbusiness 08-05-2017 11:39 AM

Non-existent at this point

Sammy88888888 08-08-2017 06:55 PM

SOA expectation

It seems the syllabus sort of exists.

It mentions at the very end "It is expected that online learning support will be available to aid candidate preparation. It will include a sample project and report."

angryleslieknope 08-10-2017 10:24 AM

It is expected. Eventually. The first offering is still over a year away. The syllabus is still preliminary. It's not like STAM and LTAM where there's an existing piece of syllabus to base things off of. It'll probably be a little while still.

ARodOmaha 08-11-2017 09:36 AM

Am I the only one who freaked out seeing on the syllabus that it is a "FIVE-HOUR PROJECT"? There better be a bathroom break, lunch break and a nap break.

blakeb 08-11-2017 03:39 PM

I thought it was meant to be like the modules, where you do it on your own time and submit it? Not in an exam room

Jdevil 08-11-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARodOmaha (Post 9058209)
Am I the only one who freaked out seeing on the syllabus that it is a "FIVE-HOUR PROJECT"? There better be a bathroom break, lunch break and a nap break.

For this kind of assignement I feel like 5 hours does not seem very scary. In normal exams, you're constantly juggling between rather short but complex questions which makes it more intense, but I feel like 5 hours to analyze and model the data and make a word doc explaining it is very reasonable

Jdevil 08-11-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakeb (Post 9058760)
I thought it was meant to be like the modules, where you do it on your own time and submit it? Not in an exam room

"The Predictive Analytics exam is administered as a five-hour project requiring analysis of a data set in
the context of a business problem and submission of a report. Candidates will have access to a
computer equipped with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and RStudio."

From the SoA website

Noob 11-09-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdevil (Post 9058807)
"The Predictive Analytics exam is administered as a five-hour project requiring analysis of a data set in
the context of a business problem and submission of a report. Candidates will have access to a
computer equipped with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and RStudio."

From the SoA website

So it'll be a computer based test that's not multiple choice?

micdian 01-13-2018 01:16 PM

Hey guys, I have question on SRM (which is pre-requisite for Predictive Analytics). If I had all my VEEs, then I don't need to take SRM, is that correct? I failed MLC in Fall 2017, and in my understanding, I will need to retake MLC, do modules, and Predictive Analytics for my ASA. Am I missing anything?