Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Ball State University (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Actuaries in Philly (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=336412)

jominican 11-08-2018 07:59 PM

Actuaries in Philly

Hello fellow actuarial outposters!

I've been living in Philly for almost a year now and currently work remote. Are there any P&C actuaries interested in meeting up in the city over a cup of coffee or Federal Donuts? I don't usually take CAS exams in Philly so I have not met a single actuary since I moved. I'm genuinely just interested in meeting P&C actuaries in a new area, talk about exams, work-life, and making new friends.

Please PM me!

Westley 11-08-2018 08:57 PM

Good luck, I'm not in Philly and won't be helpful, but you could ship me some of those donuts if you wanted to.

If you don't get a great take-up here, recommend you search on "actuarial student" and Philly on LinkedIn and just spam a few people. Most people will have some level of interest and there's lots that are not on the AO.

Abelian Grape 11-08-2018 09:01 PM

Have you been to Franklin Fountain?

Colonel Smoothie 11-08-2018 09:25 PM

something something tub of lube something something

jominican 11-09-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abelian Grape (Post 9476897)
Have you been to Franklin Fountain?

Yep sure have. Great ice cream.

Abelian Grape 11-09-2018 08:33 AM

Lucky's Last Chance has dope ass burgers too. I went to the one in Queen's Village

manaknight14 11-09-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jominican (Post 9476880)

I've been living in Philly for almost a year now and currently work remote. Are there any P&C actuaries interested in meeting up in the city over a cup of coffee or Federal Donuts? I don't usually take CAS exams in Philly so I have not met a single actuary since I moved. I'm genuinely just interested in meeting P&C actuaries in a new area, talk about exams, work-life, and making new friends.

Please PM me!

Aww yeah, nothing like anguishing through an exam at Sofitel (of all places) and walking across the street to crush that post-exam hangover with a Federal Donut. :tup:

I don't work in Philly any more, but I'm still in the general area and come into town for exams and such.

Enough Exams Already 11-09-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Please PM me!

Check out the Actuaries Club of Philadelphia. They do CPE events 3 times a year. You'll meet plenty of actuaries there at whose shoes you can stare while you mumble at each other.

n27 11-14-2018 11:01 AM

I am close to Philly (Princeton/Trenton Area).

I'd be happy to make a friend in Philly. PM me if you want to talk.

LICENSED TO ILL 11-14-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

This includes SOA'ers too. I feel so left out again!