Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Mary Pat Campbell
SOA AAA

Studying for duolingo and coursera
Favorite beer: Murphy's Irish Stout

GREECE:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2713908320100527
Quote:
Greece is fully committed to implementing a program agreed with the EU and International Monetary Fund and is not seeking to reopen issues, including pension reforms, an IMF spokeswoman said on Thursday.
….
Senior Greek government officials said on Wednesday that Greece is trying to renegotiate the terms of pension reform stipulated in the IMF and European Union rescue deals sealed this month.
Pension reform is a critical performance criteria for the debt-stricken country, which negotiated a 110 billion euro ($135 billion) rescue package with the EU and IMF to help it deal with its debt crisis.
Labor Minister Andreas Loverdos said in an interview on Wednesday he was pushing to have the option "to negotiate to the end".

…The European Commission said on Tuesday it had sent a letter to Greece to remind it to stick to the terms of the deal regarding the pension reform.
Reminds me of “negotiating” with my child about stuff she has absolutely no leverage on.

DD: I want to read Captain Underpants!
Me: It's nice to want things. No library books today.
DD: What if I clean up the family room?
Me: I said no.

[time passes]

DD: Look, I finished my homework. Can I have Captain Underpants now?
Me: That's good of you. No, you can read another book.
DD: I DON'T WANNA READ ANOTHER BOOK! =stomps off=
...and then 5 minutes later, I see she's reading her book of Abraham Lincoln jokes.

LinkedIn Profile

Page generated in 0.09328 seconds with 7 queries