Thread: Kindle vs Nook
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Stone 11th Anniversary Ale

I'm about to lose my mind here. I had only used my wife's Kindle a few times and enjoyed it, but now I've hit a snag and I'm baffled as to why Amazon hasn't fixed it.

So my wife read Hunger Games and moved on to the second book. I started reading the first one. Well, it uses the last page of the book as the "furthest read" position, so if I try to sync the position on my Galaxy Tab, Evo, and her Kindle, it just flips to the last page. I have had this problem on footnoted books as well. I would sync the page and instead of going to the page I was on, it would go to the footnote I had read at some point.

Why the hell won't they just sync the current reading page? Or at the very least give me the option to reset the further read location? My only option is to do some 9 step process involving a PC and device (repeating for each of the devices I read on) or call customer service (which people said some of the reps have no idea what you are talking about). Plus there are about 100 threads on Amazon asking how to do the arcane process themselves. How is this possible? I am shocked.

BTW, my $79 Kindle is coming tomorrow. Despite the above rant, I'm super excited that I don't have to gank my wife's Kindle all the time.

Page generated in 0.09355 seconds with 7 queries