Thread: Kindle vs Nook
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:31 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Stone 11th Anniversary Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I'm puzzled, my kindle always opens to the last page I was on, even if I have bounced around. What are you guys doing differently?
It does stay on the same page on the device you are on, but if you use multiple devices, it doesn't.

Example:
-Read on my Kindle e-reader to page 150, click on a footnote and go to page 250. Go immediately back to 150. Read a bit further to 175.
-Pick up my phone with the Kindle app. When I open the book, it might be on the first page if I haven't read on that device, otherwise it is wherever I last read on my phone. It asks if I want to sync to the furthest point read. If I do so, it takes me to 250 in the footnotes. The only way to figure out where I was is to look at the page number in the Kindle e-reader. So I figure out that I was on 175. I read to 200.
-I go back to my Kindle e-reader and it has me on page 175. If I sync, it takes me to page 250. Otherwise, I have to remember where I last was or check on the last device I read on.

If Amazon would implement a "sync last reading point" or a way to reset the furthest read point, none of this would matter. It is mind blowing.

Page generated in 0.09792 seconds with 7 queries