View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:20 AM
SOA

I'm gonna ask a really stupid question. The average travel time of 8.2 years seem low because I know many people who're still taking exams after 10 years. I know my sample size is small and won't count in the bigger picture, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of such people.

Some get married, or have kids and lose the motivation to put in the study hours. Some get occupied in their work life and are not getting the time that is expected to be put in to pass the exams. Some just don't take it that seriously and aren't willing to give up their social life and parties.

Maybe since SOA considers time from the first exam to the last exam, these people aren't accounted for since they haven't passed their last exam yet?

Additionally, the average is brought down because of people who qualify really fast, like in 5 or 6 years?

I believe career ASA won't count in the study since they haven't passed their last exam yet, right?

I passed all my exams really fast, like all but one or two exams on my first attempts and I didn't even take any long breaks (maybe a 6 month break due to job change) and it took me a good 6.5 years to qualify.

Page generated in 0.18873 seconds with 9 queries