View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:04 PM
SOA

Okay, so things are moving quickly!

I may have the go-ahead to get all the speakers I need for a 5.1 setup. I've got the Outlaw Ultra-X12 coming Monday, so I'll be in good shape on the subwoofer. But my wife can't stand the look of my huge DCM TF600 towers. In fact, she has made it clear she doesn't want any tower speakers in the room where she's willing to let me set up the 5.1.

So, what are my best options?

I have a couple of tiny black surround speakers that she doesn't mind. But they're pitiful cheap plastic things that came with a Vizio home-theater-in-a-box system. So I definitely want to upgrade those.

What about front speakers? I could probably get away with bookshelf speakers, though she might want me to tuck them out of the way when I'm not using them. I know there's a tradeoff between sound quality and going small with the size, so I'm trying to figure out something that sounds surprisingly good compared to its size.

I also am ridiculously picky when it comes to center channel speakers. I got one a few years ago that everybody raved about, but I thought it sounded awful. Plastic speakers sound "plasticky" to me. My TV stand has an excellent place for a center speaker, so I can go with a pretty big one there without it bothering my wife (as long as it's black, so it won't really stand out.)

Thoughts?

Page generated in 0.16118 seconds with 9 queries