Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:47 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyj View Post
I disagree.

To me, Diablo is a jump-in-hack-and-slash and when you are done, you can just be done with it. The single player mode is also important to me.

Whereas, WoW is definitely multiplayer oriented. The variety is too much (player class, race, profession etc) for my liking. If I really go in, then I guess I' ll be stuck few days reading guides etc.

My main liking for D2 was that I can spend not as much time on the game and yet still enjoy it with friends in a private game.. Not so much in a MMORPG environment.

I know some people swear by WoW. But its just not my cup of tea.. Maybe 'cause I know if I play it , I'll get too addicted and not have a life. Sigh.
Okay...so you "hate' WoW because it's all online and it's forced multiplayer? So you just hate MMORPGs in general? If WoW were offline, it would be Diablo. The gameplay/visuals/etc aren't very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamek85 View Post
There's not enough action in WOW. It's subscription-based, and there are so many classes that the distinction between them is blurred. There is a mythology, but no cohesive story, and progress is nonlinear; it's nowhere near obvious what you're supposed to do next. Shall I keep going?
Not enough action? You must not have played WoW at all...instance runs are all pretty exciting.

I get the story part...but I think the mythology behind WoW is pretty interesting. You can go through without paying any attention to it (and I'm sure many people do)...

And you're complaining about non-linearality? So you want a game to hold your hand? Man - what fun is that? You are probably the type of guy that buy game guides to help you get through games, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamek85 View Post
It's like saying liking checkers but hating chess is stupid. Unhelpful, uninsightful, and untrue.
Your analogy is wrong. WoW - for all intents and purposes - is Diablo MMO (minus story...which WoW is obviously lifted from the Warcraft world). I would say it's comparing Checkers IRL and Yahoo! Games' Checkers (or online versus IRL poker).

I get online isn't for some people (usually because they are cheap and don't want to pay a fee), but the game is virtually the same.

Page generated in 0.12864 seconds with 9 queries