View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 06:55 PM
Note Contributor
Non-Actuary

Studying for MFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
I Liked it too. Believe it was in real time
Lol. Every time Locke was asked how much longer he'd be, I compared to the movie's time remaining. It was pretty close, but more than time remaining. But you can't tell exactly, as you can't tell when the trip ended.

One interesting thing about watching the movie was that I became aware fairly fast that it seemed to be a one-person-in-a-car movie (maybe because of the "how much longer"? I don't remember for sure what first made me think that). I'd think that the awareness itself (or just the awareness of a "concept") would make it much harder to build suspense. They did a really good job of that.

The awareness did make me think some about the camera shots they used. For a static setting, they really did a lot of cuts, which kind of makes sense. You use the cuts to reduce the static-ness.

It's kind of funny seeing this right after a Jarmusch movie. I've been watching his movies since Stranger Than Paradise and one of the striking things about that movie and some that followed was the use of a static frame rather than following action. (It's also one of the things that makes that movie so less effective on video - the fixed frame was very unfamiliar in movies, but common in TV sitcoms)

TO DONATE, OR FOR MORE INFO, CLICK HERE

Page generated in 0.16508 seconds with 9 queries