Old 03-27-2020, 02:47 PM
Wiki/Note Contributor
CAS

Studying for CSPA
College: Hard Knocks
Favorite beer: Most German dark lagers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shed a Little Light View Post
The longer schools stay closed, the more I wonder if all curricula will have to be revised to take into account the fact that a lot of students across the country are missing out on, what, a quarter of their school year? Does every teacher from college down have to adjust their expectations for an entire generation of students are a few months behind, or a few months father behind, anyway?

Some counties are moving stuff online at the high school level, at least, from what I hear. Our county almost certainly won't be, and I think, depending on how long this lasts, there's a real conversation we should have about how this pandemic will exacerbate existing inequalities in education (e.g., I would assume richer counties will be much better able to serve their students online, whereas poorer counties will have a lot of kids who might not even have the hardware and internet access sufficient to pull that off).
Most universities will have incoming freshmen take a "placement" exam to see if they might need "remedial" courses in language (i.e., reading comprehension) and/or mathematics.

There is also a good chunk of kids that are home schooled. So the current environment will have very little--if any--impact on them. Their biggest disruption might be doing their work in a different location as one parent utilizes space for their WFH set up.

Why should I worry about dying? Itís not going to happen in my lifetime!

Freedom of speech is not a license to discourtesy

#BLACKMATTERLIVES

Page generated in 0.38538 seconds with 9 queries