Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Actuarial Science Universities Forum > University of New Mexico
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial Recruitment

University of New Mexico Michele Guindani - Assistant Professor - faculty contact
http://www.stat.unm.edu/stats_actuarial.html

Old 01-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Welcome Lobos!

Welcome Lobos!

This is Jerry Tuttle, FCAS, actuarial liaison to UNM. I hope UNM potential actuaries will explore the Actuarial Outpost bulletin board once in a while to learn more about the actuarial profession.

I also hope you are working towards taking the first actuarial exam, and fullfilling the VEE requirements in statistics, economics and finance. See the following web page for more information.

Feel free to email me if I can help.

Jerry Tuttle, FCAS
jtuttle@platinumre.com
http://jerry.praxisiimath.com/unm.html

Last edited by jerrytuttle; 06-03-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
SOA AAA

I'm a former LOBO (BS Math - 1992). I'm just about to earn my ASA. UNM had a good math program and was an excellent univerisity.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:49 PM

College: University of New Mexico - Postgraduate Alum

I too am a LOBO - 94, 96. Well, looks like this thread gets a post once a year so here goes. I have 2 years experience as an actuarial analyst and passed a few exams, but that was in the 90's. I enjoyed my work but had to leave it for various reasons. I'm re-entering the profession and am happy to discover that I already have credit for Exam P/1 and VEE Applied Statistics (possibly VEE Economics also but will know for sure once I pass my next exam). After reading through the threads for about 5 days (no exaggeration), I feel I'm now as up-to-date as I can be. I've gotten a lot of great advice and knowledge. Wish this technology (for the masses) was around when I was in college! I've since been in I.T. positions, so feel I'm well prepared for the entry-level position to come. Studying now for FM/2 in August and MFE/3F & MLC in November and updating my resume. Will start sending them out tomorrow most likely.