Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > CAS > CAS Online Courses > Course 2 - Insurance Accounting/Law/Regulation
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

US LIFE, ANNUITY AND INVESTMENT JOBS

Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr blau View Post
Same here...I got in touch with them and they said it'd be released something like 2 weeks after the close of the window (March 15th)
You beat me to the punch! I just got off the phone with customer service as well. They (The Institutes) said they initially had a policy of releasing the official grade reports as soon as they received the test results, which was usually a couple of days after the test. However, the CAS requested that they discontinue this practice, and instead hold all official grade reports until the close of the testing window. The woman I spoke to didn't say anything about "2 weeks after the close of the window", however. I'm hoping they post the grades immediately after the close of the window, on March 16th.

For those of you who are also waiting for CA1 results, those will also be posted after the close of the testing window from now on.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 AM

Didn't pass. Calculation questions were easy, many conceptual questions seemed pretty ambiguous/poorly worded.

Dont know if it was just my testing center or if prometric has changed software but the interface was very different this time- not difficult to use or anything but definiitely worse than it used to be.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM

how much is the retake fee? although it looks like the retake has to be in the same 3 month window...
Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashiMaro View Post
shoot, i just called to ask... so I have to take it before 3/15.......
do you guys think there is still enough time to start now????
I also have to take exam 9 in May.......... i guess I didn't plan this very well.
are you sure? whenever I sign up (cas1/2) I have to call aicpcu to sign up for a sitting and they ASK me which sitting I want to write the exam in, regardless of the choice I made when purchasing the online course and the exam.
I just purchased the course and signed up for prometric sitting over the phone and the person asked me which sitting I want even though I had picked apr-june online