Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > General
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkoro View Post
If you read my original post, I am selling the study manuals. If you are willing to buy the manuals, i will throw in the PDF's as well, so you don't have to buy the texts. I am not 'selling the PDFs'.

Honestly, you should read the post properly first.
You are offering an additional incentive for someone to buy your manuals. Instead of lowering your price you are throwing in PDFs. This is illegal unless the author has specifically told you that you can sell their PDFs.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 PM
SOA

College: the university of texas at tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingIsFun View Post
You are offering an additional incentive for someone to buy your manuals. Instead of lowering your price you are throwing in PDFs. This is illegal unless the author has specifically told you that you can sell their PDFs.
I repeat, please read properly, before you get all self-righteous. I did lower the price.

If you're done with FM, why don't you go study for MLC instead of poking around here
Old 05-07-2012, 12:52 PM
SOA AAA

College: University of Northern Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkoro View Post
I repeat, please read properly, before you get all self-righteous. I did lower the price.

If you're done with FM, why don't you go study for MLC instead of poking around here
Regardless of whether you are "selling" or not, the PDFs are most likely a violation of copyrights, and any distribution of these PDFs would be considered both illegal and unethical.

Please delete your PDF copies and edit your posts so that it will be clear that the PDFs will not be included.

Last edited by SALT1; 05-08-2012 at 11:38 AM..