|FlashChat||Actuarial Discussion||Preliminary Exams||CAS/SOA Exams||Cyberchat||Around the World||Suggestions|
Health Actuary Jobs
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Actuary - Luxembourg
Job Title: Actuary
Company: National General Insurance Company
National General Insurance (formerly GMAC Insurance) is one of the largest automobile insurers in the United States. National General Insurance offers a variety of property and casualty products, including personal auto, RV, motorcycle, commercial auto and homeowners insurance. With a nationwide network of claims professionals, local independent agents and a 24-hour, toll-free claims hotline available 365 days a year, National General Insurance provides superior claims service for its customers.
NGIC is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our employees live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. We at NGIC are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we come into work every day determined to Execute on what is needed and expected of us. We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful with NGIC candidate will embody the 4Es.
This position will be part of a small team of insurance professionals based in Luxembourg. The individual will primarily be responsible for pricing of new products and monitoring performance of the existing book, as well as preparing Solvency II requirements for business across a variety of lines including but not limited to Accident & Health, Group Life and Long-Term Disability and other traditional Property/Casualty lines.
• Work in a team environment with underwriting, accounting, legal and regulatory professionals.
• Identify and solve product/pricing problems by performing analysis that involves retrieving and analyzing both internal and external data.
• Perform analysis and assist with implementation of changes to existing insurance products as well as the development of new products.
• Independently research marketplace standards and trends to accurately access the loss potential of individual transactions.
• Conduct a full range of actuarial and financial analysis to quantify the risk exposures for the lines of business managed by the Luxembourg group.
• Prepare the necessary support and documentation required by Solvency II
• Travel -20%-25% of the time; mostly within European Union
• Extensive actuarial background with experience in most lines of insurance including Property Casualty, Accident & Health and Life Products.
• Ability to manage concurrent projects.
• Entrepreneurial approach to business opportunities
• Broad overall knowledge of insurance, with a working knowledge of accounting, regulatory and tax issues.
• Demonstrated experience with quantitative risk analysis and simulation modeling.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to management and other functional areas.
• 7-10 years of actuarial experience.
• Knowledge of Solvency II, capital allocation and risk adjusted return models.
• Actively pursuing professional designation, Associate of Casualty Actuarial Society or Institute of Actuaries preferred.
• French speaker is a plus.
• Competitive Salary
• Relocation expenses provided
• Sponsorship of work VISA if applicable
• Extensive benefits package
Interested candidates, please forward your current resume to: Roni Schwartz