Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when new jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:33 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
I think it's worthwhile to set the record straight. ao fan, would you like to give a description of the behavior that led to several people reporting your posts? Or would you prefer that I describe it?

With respect to the rest of your complaints... As the owner of the group *I* don't do any moderation. *I* don't take action against other people in that group. There've been some pretty aggressive fights in there, lots of name calling, and lots of stuff that would not at all be allowed on the regular forum anywhere. And there are at least three dozen posts by you calling me all sorts of names, insulting me, and basically being a right proper jerk. None of which I've complained or whined about. I let you continue to act the child for a very, very long time.

And even in this specific situation... I didn't delete your posts because *I* don't do any moderation in that social group. Also, I kind of want your posts to stand as a testament to your personality.

Also note, that it's a group open to everyone... include at least 3 of you. None of your alts were kicked out, and the group is still open to you if you want to post there.
You said there wouldn't be moderation, which to me includes no moderation by the ao moderators. seems like a reasonable interpretation to me. you said the "only" things that would be moderated would be something illegal. that does not imply you meant only moderated by you. It means moderated at all.

you called me plenty of names in there too. many many names.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ao fan; 06-02-2020 at 03:05 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 02:34 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Helena Lake, i'm not posting what I did because uh, if it was against the rules to say it in your social group, obviously it's against the rules to repeat it on the main forum, so if you want to, go ahead and repeat it.

also shows that you aren't too bothered by it by allowing it to stand and repeat it considering what I supposedly did.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ao fan; 06-02-2020 at 03:01 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 02:41 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

For the lurkers... ao fan made a tacit threat related to knowing my IRL identity.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:42 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
For the lurkers... ao fan made a tacit threat related to knowing my IRL identity.
for the lurkers, it was not a threat at all.
Spoiler:
Old 06-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Also note, that it's a group open to everyone... include at least 3 of you. None of your alts were kicked out, and the group is still open to you if you want to post there.
this isn't the point. I posted there under the false pretense that my posts would not be reported since you clearly stated there would be no moderation in there. that is false. I see it will be moderated just like the forum is moderated if you so feel like it. thus i'll stay out rather than risk getting banned.
Spoiler:
Old 06-02-2020, 04:51 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
this isn't the point. I posted there under the false pretense that my posts would not be reported since you clearly stated there would be no moderation in there. that is false. I see it will be moderated just like the forum is moderated if you so feel like it. thus i'll stay out rather than risk getting banned.
Are you aware that I don't have dictatorial control over what other people can report? I can't stop other people from reporting things. And no, it's NOT being moderated like any other forum.

But if you make really over the line posts, I can't stop other people from reporting them. And to be honest, if nobody else had reported the incident, i wouldn't have. But since several people already had, I agreed with mods taking action.

You're super angry at me about this, which is fine. But it's misplaced. You're calling me a liar about other people doing something I literally have no way to stop them from doing. But if you want to continue venting your spleen at me, that's fine. It's tedious and exhausting for me, but I know that you're stressed our and very anxious, so it's okay.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:52 PM
SOA AAA

Either way... I'm inclined to say that this is not a good venue for having this discussion. I would suggest either PM or take it back to the social group you walked out of, where you can't get dinged if you want to insult me and/or talk about moderation.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:53 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Are you aware that I don't have dictatorial control over what other people can report? I can't stop other people from reporting things. And no, it's NOT being moderated like any other forum.

But if you make really over the line posts, I can't stop other people from reporting them. And to be honest, if nobody else had reported the incident, i wouldn't have. But since several people already had, I agreed with mods taking action.

You're super angry at me about this, which is fine. But it's misplaced. You're calling me a liar about other people doing something I literally have no way to stop them from doing. But if you want to continue venting your spleen at me, that's fine. It's tedious and exhausting for me, but I know that you're stressed our and very anxious, so it's okay.
you reported the posts yourself which directly goes contrary to what you claimed this group was about, which was NO MODERATION.

it doesn't matter what other people did. they did not make that claim about your group, you did.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ao fan; 06-02-2020 at 05:06 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 04:55 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Either way... I'm inclined to say that this is not a good venue for having this discussion. I would suggest either PM or take it back to the social group you walked out of, where you can't get dinged if you want to insult me and/or talk about moderation.
i'm not insulting you. i'm pointing out that what you claimed was the purpose of the group isn't. you claimed that in this thread promoting the group. this is a thread on the forum itself, so in this thread i'm saying that claim is false.

I obviously can get dinged for talking in your group as evidenced that I did.
Spoiler:
Old 06-02-2020, 06:31 PM
CAS

Quote:
...There've been some pretty aggressive fights in there, lots of name calling, and lots of stuff that would not at all be allowed on the regular forum anywhere. And there are at least three dozen posts by you calling me all sorts of names, insulting me, and basically being a right proper jerk. None of which I've complained or whined about. I let you continue to act the child for a very, very long time....
And none of which were reported by anyone else, because they seemed in keeping with the purpose of the group. A bunch of people have said really nasty things about Helena there, and as far as I can tell, she's been fine with that.