Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Group and Health Track > Group & Health Advanced Exam
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Group & Health Advanced Exam Old Group and Health Company/Sponsor Perspective Forum

Old 11-11-2018, 06:34 PM
CAS SOA

Default CCE Manuals

Hello all and Happy Veterans Day --

Crystal Clear Exams’ Spring 19 manuals are now available for purchase. Manual offerings this sitting are:
  • SOA GH Core Review Exercises US
  • SOA GH Advanced Review Exercises (will post when those are available; still reflecting syllabus updates)
  • CAS Exam 9 Summary + Review + Practice Exams this time around!
  • CAS Exam 6 Summary + Review
Details and previews for each are available on the website (below).

Also, Fall 18 people, let me know if you have any errata that were not submitted earlier. Raffle to be held this week! (Details on website - SWAG page.)

Please let me know if questions,

Crystal
Old 11-23-2018, 01:46 PM
CAS SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear Exams View Post

Also, Fall 18 people, let me know if you have any errata that were not submitted earlier. Raffle to be held this week! (Details on website - SWAG page.)
Sorry for delay; winners are posted -- https://crystalclearexams.com/swag
Congrats to MP, HD, PG!!!!11one please check your e-mail for info.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:33 PM
CAS SOA

Default GH Adv/ GH Core Random Questions

Hi all - as the exam date will soon be around the corner, hopefully studying is going well! As you finish with your syllabus material and review exercises, please make sure to check out the "Random Questions" subdirectory if you've not done so already.

For GHCU and GHA, these currently have about two dozen questions based on topics pulled from anywhere in the syllabus. These are different questions from the section review exercises, requiring more synthesis of the exam material. (As such they are best used once you've gone over the entire syllabus.) I add to them periodically, so please also make sure to check every couple of weeks as the exam date approaches.

And as always if you have suggestions or topics on which you'd like to see questions, do let me know.

Thanks!
Crystal
Old 05-28-2019, 08:29 AM
CAS SOA

Default CCE Fall 19 Manuals

Hi all & Happy Post Memorial Day. Couple of things --
  • Raffle Winners: I finally did the errata raffle. Winners are CS and MM from Exam 6, and AB from Exam 9 -- look for gift card in your e-mail & thanks to all who submitted suggestions!
  • Fall 19 Manuals:
    -- CAS Exam 6 Manual is now available! See site for info.
    -- CAS Exam 8 Manual is all new(!) and will be available for purchase starting mid-June; more date details on site.
    -- SOA GH Manuals will be available sometime later, pending SOA's release of study notes; will post more specific dates on site when I have them.
  • Feel free to e-mail me w/ questions or anything else.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:05 PM
CAS SOA

Default Updates

Hi Everyone!!

Mid-“studying semester” announcements:
  • A reminder to please let me know if you come across typos, errors, etc. You get a chance to win an Amazon gift card (details on website). So please send any and everything!
  • Also on that note, please make sure to check the Drive for errata (China – check secure site).
  • Exam 8 – All materials have been released as of today. Notably, the Practice Exam is now downloadable from the drive.
  • Exam 6 – A while ago I posted out question mapping by reading. Check it out if you haven’t already.
  • GH Exams – Same note as for Exam 6, plus make sure to check the drive for new summaries and random questions. They will start to be updated more regularly now.
  • Puppers – We are fostering a puppy – she’s really cute as you see below. She is also somewhat time-consuming so I’m presenting this information so that if you’ve emailed me this past week, you understand why my responses have been slow. Catching up on emails now!

Name:  Puppers.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  20.0 KB

As always, please e-mail with questions/comments. I’m less-than-reliable in responding on this forum.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:18 PM
CAS SOA

Default Announcements

Hi all ---

A few announcements:
  • Spring 2020 Errata Raffle: Will be taking place toward the end of this week (around 26th June). If you have any lingering errata/ feedback/ etc., please submit before then. Info here: (SWAG)
  • Fall 2020 Manuals: Available for purchase on website.

In most cases (SOA GHDP A/C, GHFV-C, CAS6), there were no changes to Spring syllabus, so manual is more or less same.

For CAS 8, updates are refreshes of GLM/ Fisher/ NCCI Retro Manual.

For GHFV-C, there were a couple of changes to the Government Programmes objective -- due to time constraints, these will not be reflected in the Fall manual, so cost for that is discounted.

Info about manuals can be found in the respective page in the manual drop-down menu on site, including cost for new purchases. For all manuals this sitting, if you purchased the Spring 19 version (or F20 for CAS8) and did not pass, there is no cost to access new directory; just e-mail me.

That's all for now; as always, please e-mail w/ questions or anything else.

Crystal

Last edited by Crystal Clear Exams; 06-26-2020 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: GHFV-C, not A, has changes in Obj. 3
Old 06-28-2020, 03:17 PM
CAS SOA

Hello all, quick note this time --

Raffle Winners: Raffle winners are SM, NJ, and BL -- information here: https://crystalclearexams.com/swag

If one of those is you, please check your e-mail for details; thanks again to everyone else who submitted, and please continue to submit errata/ suggestions/ feedback for the next raffle in about six months