Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 AM
SOA

To add a few things to Chronus' comments on Bloodborne...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
You are correct that the blood vials don't replenish infinitely. If you pick up more then 10 they will be sent to your stash and those ones from your stash will replenish you up to 10 when you die but if you don't have any in your stash they do not automatically refill. I had to farm for blood vials a couple times when first starting off the game, especially when I ran into a boss I struggled with. You'll also have the option of buying them later if you are running low too.
Once you get into the game, there are some good places for farming both vials and souls. I don't remember zone names anymore off the top of my head, but a quick googling should allow you to find those areas.

Quote:
Your bloodstain does leave souls behind but sometimes your souls will go into an enemy near where you died. So when you die your souls will either be in the bloodstain where you died or in an enemy nearby, which you'll need to kill to get your souls back.
If an enemy has taken those dropped souls, it's eyes (usually?) will be glowing a blue-ish color IIRC.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:18 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last of Us
Until Dawn
Uncharted Collection (or just...)
Uncharted 4
Ratchet & Clank
inFamous: Second Son

If you like puzzle stories/murder mysteries look into
Danganronpa
Zero Eacape

Will definitely add Horizon to my list, no way I'll get through all of these...so much less time for vidya games nowadays.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:22 PM
CAS

Quote:
You are correct that the blood vials don't replenish infinitely. If you pick up more then 10 they will be sent to your stash and those ones from your stash will replenish you up to 10 when you die but if you don't have any in your stash they do not automatically refill. I had to farm for blood vials a couple times when first starting off the game, especially when I ran into a boss I struggled with. You'll also have the option of buying them later if you are running low too.

Your bloodstain does leave souls behind but sometimes your souls will go into an enemy near where you died. So when you die your souls will either be in the bloodstain where you died or in an enemy nearby, which you'll need to kill to get your souls back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
To add a few things to Chronus' comments on Bloodborne...

Once you get into the game, there are some good places for farming both vials and souls. I don't remember zone names anymore off the top of my head, but a quick googling should allow you to find those areas.

If an enemy has taken those dropped souls, it's eyes (usually?) will be glowing a blue-ish color IIRC.
Thanks! I actually got the itch to play last night and progressed a bit. Finally killed that big guy below the stairs after he killed me like 8 times and he dropped my souls. I was having a difficult time getting his parrying window right. Either too early and he'd just smash me, or too late and he'd hit me so I'd miss my critical window.

Does upgrading the gun (or buying a different gun) make it easier to parry (widen the window) or does it just increase the damage and nothing more?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:26 PM
CAS

Also I didn't realize that excess bullets go into your storage, I had been going back to the Hunters dream every time I had too many to make sure I didn't waste the drops.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter View Post
They dropped the cost of buying the characters by 75% because of the backlash.
They also reduced the amount credits they pay out
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
They also reduced the amount credits they pay out
lulz
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 11-14-2017, 01:37 PM
It's a funny name.

so how many dollars is it now to unlock characters? still about 40 hours of effort though?

I'm a bit confused, is this for multiplayer only? How/when do you unlock the heroes and when do you get to use them? I was watching a YouTube review of the game yesterday and I definitely saw the guy running around as Luke Skywalker in some of the campaign stuff.

(I haven't played the first one, which would probably answer most of my questions)
Old 11-14-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
Thanks! I actually got the itch to play last night and progressed a bit. Finally killed that big guy below the stairs after he killed me like 8 times and he dropped my souls. I was having a difficult time getting his parrying window right. Either too early and he'd just smash me, or too late and he'd hit me so I'd miss my critical window.

Does upgrading the gun (or buying a different gun) make it easier to parry (widen the window) or does it just increase the damage and nothing more?
I could be wrong on the mechanics but I don't believe that upgrading the gun makes the parry window any wider. I believe the parry window is what it is and different guns may react faster/slower or allow you to parry at closer/longer ranges, but I don't think that changes as you upgrade the gun. I think the upgrade only increases the damage the gun does. Then again there are definitely hidden mechanics in the game that I don't fully understand.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:39 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Battlefront 2:
Reddit calculated the cost from taking all the level 3 star cards to level 4. [Marginal change, ignoring the sunk cost in getting everything to level 3].

It would take 4,528 hours or $2,100 in microtransactions.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:21 AM

Not to be too "high and mighty" but my friends and I all bailed on getting Battlefront 2 because of all this garbage.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one