Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our 2017 Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 10-08-2018, 02:11 PM
SOA

Studying for FAP

how much do GFs go for these days? I know it was like 10k when I started playing in sixth grade but that was at least a few years ago
Old 10-08-2018, 02:38 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoaminoneofyourbusiness View Post
how much do GFs go for these days? I know it was like 10k when I started playing in sixth grade but that was at least a few years ago
Girlfriends? I think those are non-tradeable.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:57 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Actuario View Post
Girlfriends? I think those are non-tradeable.
Pretty long quest line to get them. Usually there's a pretty high skill level requirement too, but some people reported bugs where they were able to skip all the requirements if their bank was valuable enough. Don't think that's been patched yet.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:26 PM
SOA

So I tried to do Monkey Madness 2 yesterday and got up to the second to last boss fight, but had to teleport out 1 hit from dying. After doing some research, apparently they made a ton of changes to the death mechanics (I only died once so far since coming back, and wasn't aware.) I might be off a bit on this, but what I understood is that if you die normally to a monster, you now have 1 hour to get your unprotected items back. Additionally, if you die in an instanced area (certain bosses, like the quest boss in MM2), then your untradeable items will automatically be kept no matter what (such as imbued rings, reward items like fire cape, void armor, fighter torso, augmented/charged items like blowpipe, trident, abyssal tentacle, etc.) Definitely going to give the fight another shot tonight using my best untradeable gear instead of my low-risk welfare gear I used before, trying to mitigate risk lol
Old 10-08-2018, 10:57 PM
SOA

So I didn't realize that my account doesn't exist in old school RS. Not sure I want to start from scratch just to play around for a bit.

Was also amazed that the holiday "rares" are dirt cheap (and not so rare) in this version. Maybe I'll scrape up 12K to get that yellow partyhat and call it a day.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:33 PM
SOA

It is kind of a bummer that you can't port your old character, but unless you were loaded and/or had a lot of really high level skills, I don't think it's too big of a deal. Now that I'm older and there are a lot more resources in-game and online to do things efficiently, I was able to surpass my original account of several years in less than 3 months of gametime.

I managed to beat Monkey Madness II yesterday, ended up streaming those last two bosses for my friend to watch. Killed a few demonic gorillas afterwards to try my luck at getting a zenyte shard, but no luck haha.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:35 PM
SOA

My main had 99 magic, range, construction, and fletching. Had an awesome house with a dungeon maze complete with steel dragon. Most other skills were 80+.

Also had a pure with decent combat stats.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:47 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Actuario View Post
My main had 99 magic, range, construction, and fletching. Had an awesome house with a dungeon maze complete with steel dragon. Most other skills were 80+.

Also had a pure with decent combat stats.
RIP. I still vote you come back
Old 10-11-2018, 02:58 PM
SOA

Working on getting full prospector set... I'm almost 1/3 there. Just hit 60 mining, so I can do Lunar diplomacy now. Working towards dragon slayer 2, so I'll need to get up to 68 mining and 70 smithing I think.. Looking forward to it!
Old 10-15-2018, 07:25 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
Working on getting full prospector set... I'm almost 1/3 there. Just hit 60 mining, so I can do Lunar diplomacy now. Working towards dragon slayer 2, so I'll need to get up to 68 mining and 70 smithing I think.. Looking forward to it!
Update - Have all requirements except smithing for DS2. Around 220 quest points, trying to get quest cape in the near future. Been considering grinding some lizardmen shaman to try to get the coveted dragon warhammer, which would afford me some much needed gear upgrades.