Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment > Resume & Cover Letter Advice Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 10-03-2017, 08:51 PM
SOA

College: UW-Madison
Default Cover Letter Advice

Any advice/tips is appreciated. I tried to keep it condensed and did not include everything I had in mind but tried to hit on the requirements specifically listed on the position posting.

Dear Hiring Manager,

I am writing to apply for the (position) with (company) at your (location) office. I understand that (company) is a top-performing property and casualty insurer and am very excited to express my interest in the position.

I am a dedicated college student currently attending the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Attending the University of Wisconsin – Madison has given me the opportunity to explore my intense passion for risk and insurance. Specifically, challenging myself in rigorous mathematical and actuarial science courses, being a part of the highly regarded Actuarial Club within the Wisconsin School of Business, and passing actuarial exams has helped me to further my skills as a student and employee.

During my academic career, I have gained two years of experience working for Steve Brown Apartments as an assistant leasing agent and assistant accountant. These positions have required me to be adept in navigating computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word, and producing conclusions from analyzing valuable data. My time at Steve Brown Apartments has also presented me with the ability to strengthen my communication and interpersonal skills, advancing my capability to work independently and as part of a team. Whether completing academic or professional tasks, I exercise being ambitious yet detail oriented with my work. I believe these experiences and characteristics would aid me in becoming a valuable underwriting intern and meeting the high standards required at (company).

I appreciate your time and thank you for your consideration. I may be contacted at your convenience at (Phone) or (Email).

Best regards,

(Name)

Last edited by vandykec; 10-03-2017 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Had to

Tags
cover letter, cover letter advice, critique, internship