Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Surveys
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.


View Poll Results: Do you have a password on your phone?
Yes, duh 43 71.67%
No, nothing important on there 15 25.00%
42 password brah 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Marcie's Avatar
Marcie Marcie is online now
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 7,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintPatty View Post
wow, so many swypos...

(in my post, not yours)
That's why someone would need a phone to pretend to be you on the ao, Sir.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Elinor Dashwood's Avatar
Elinor Dashwood Elinor Dashwood is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
there's an emergency phone call feature that allows anyone to call the emergency contact info you provide even if the phone is locked
How do you do this? Is this true on all phones? My phone has an emergency mode that allows you to get to the keypad, presumably to dial 911 or the police or something... but I couldn't figure out how to get to anyone in contacts.

Not saying this doesn't exist... just that I don't know how to do it and if it does exist I'd like to know how to take advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintPatty View Post
My lock screen says "if found, please email ..."
That's a good idea!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM
yoyo's Avatar
yoyo yoyo is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 21,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
How do you do this? Is this true on all phones? My phone has an emergency mode that allows you to get to the keypad, presumably to dial 911 or the police or something... but I couldn't figure out how to get to anyone in contacts.

Not saying this doesn't exist... just that I don't know how to do it and if it does exist I'd like to know how to take advantage.

That's a good idea!
on my phone, i go to Settings>Users>Emergency Information. fill out info there

then, on the lock screen, there's an option to access the emergency information. this is one an android device, dk about iphones
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Elinor Dashwood's Avatar
Elinor Dashwood Elinor Dashwood is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
on my phone, i go to Settings>Users>Emergency Information. fill out info there

then, on the lock screen, there's an option to access the emergency information. this is one an android device, dk about iphones
Slightly different on my phone, but I figured it out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-27-2018, 04:59 PM
yoyo's Avatar
yoyo yoyo is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 21,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Slightly different on my phone, but I figured it out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 PM
JMO Fan's Avatar
JMO Fan JMO Fan is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: out in the woods
Favorite beer: Frostop Root
Posts: 4,992
Default

Password protection kept popping up while I was following driving directions.
__________________
I thought this WAS a real job
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-29-2018, 02:45 PM
yoyo's Avatar
yoyo yoyo is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 21,923
Default

were you traveling to a location for an event where it's important to have a "safe word"?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.50335 seconds with 10 queries