Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Diversions
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-17-2018, 09:35 AM
SOA

Studying for the rest of my life
Default EC Game Thread - 2018 UofN Omaha Winter Olympic Qualifier ECurling Edition

Welcome to the qualifying event for 2018 Winter Olympics at Omaha campus of the University of Nebraska! A dark cloud is cast over the qualifier. Someone has been bludgeoned to death with a 42-pound curling rock. A witness overheard their murderous plot, however, the only information he could provide was that "They spoke with a European accent." These un-identified European Curlers could be anyone. Completely indistinguishable from the Innocent Sweepers. If the culprit cannot be identified, there will be no medals awarded for Curling this year. We must find the European Curlers reponsible during the preliminary rounds or the medal rounds will be canceled. Time is of the essence!

But wait why would there be Curlers with European accents at a US qualifying event? Seems like it will be ridiculously easy to find these guys. Let's see how it plays out...

Rules

There will be no EC accounts. There will be no PMing between any players, with the exception of the execution committee, who may only PM at Night*. All conversation must go on inside the game thread. Please use bold to vote/unvote, and do not use bold in the thread for any other reason. You may, at your own risk, discuss in the thread during the Night phase. Death scenes may not include accusations or any information that was not revealed while the player was alive.

During the Day it takes a majority of players to complete a lynching. You may vote and unvote. You may give your proxy to another player, but each player may hold no more than one proxy at a time. Once a majority is reached there is no turning back. There are no daytime passes, so if there is a failure to lynch by the deadline, I will randomly kill one player via RNG.

Between each day and night phase, there will be a twilight phase. Twilight lasts 15 minutes. All Rock PMs are due to the moderator by the end of Twilight. Rock PMs may be sent anytime during the Day. If no death scene has been posted by the end of Twilight, I will announce the role and we will move to Night. I am not counting any of the PMs for rocks I got Pre-Game as you didn't know what team you were on at the time.

Night actors may begin PMing as soon as I announce it in the game thread. The Night will end at my deadline, or once all role players have PMed me their choices, whichever is earlier. Please copy me on PMs for my own enjoyment. The European Curlers may choose to pass. When all decisions have been reached, I will announce any nighttime deaths. Again, there will be 15 minutes for a death scene, then I will confirm the player's role and Day will begin.

*For purposes of this game "day" and "night" mean the lynching period and the execution period, respectively. For instance, day 1 may go from 10:00 - 12:45 ET and night 1 may go from 12:45 to 12:55 ET and then day 2 would start at 12:56 ET with the nighttime event announcements.

Victory Conditions

There is no individual victory. You win if your team wins, whether you survive or not. Your team wins if only members of your team remain alive.

Roles

Here are the role descriptions (assigned randomly).

Student Roles
Ombudsperson (OMB) - May protect one player each night. Protected player cannot die. Cannot protect the same player 2 nights in a row. You win only if pro-sweeper players remain.

Innocent Student (IS) - Has no special role, but are still special to their parents! You win only if pro-sweeper players remain.

European Curlers
EC Skipper (ECS) - Skipper returns innocent on investigation.
European Curlers (EC) - Member of the Execution Committee with no special powers.

The setup may or may not be random based on the number of entrants. It will contain:

2-5 EC + 1 ECS
0-2 OMB
Remainder are Innocent Sweepers

Other roles determined by Rock PMs. Each player will receive a PM describing their role.

Miscellaneous

Players may not post in the thread under more than one ID.

If you say that you have work conflicts, you have to be telling the truth. If someone declares that they are at work, their absense cannot be used as a evidence against them. Let's all play nice on this, we all have jobs.

Players may be removed from the game at their request. If a replacement cannot be found, I will Modkill them.

After you are dead, please limit your posting about the game. This includes all threads, not just the actual game thread. I welcome s and white-text snarky comments, but do not try to influence the game in any way. Ghost codes and communication with living players either in the thread or via PM is not allowed. If I feel or find out this is being violated, a random player from your team will be killed. If you become a ghost you may PM other ghosts only for your own enjoyment.

Any other rules that may have been forgotten may be put in place by the moderator at any time.

Rock PM Rules

Every Day, each player PM's me a number. The domain will be given at the start of the day. I will pre-select a number by RNG. This number is "The Button." The team who submits the number closest to the Button will receive one point for each submission closer than the opposing team's closest submission. The closest player will receive an extra power awarded by: (Note: no Price Is Right rule)

EC reward by points
1 = gets to roleblock
2 = Random EC is unlynchable the next day
3 = if EC of their choice is lynched the next day, get to take an IS with them
4 = Extra night kill
5 = Random player becomes EC

IS reward by points
1 = random IS becomes ombuds for the night
2 = random IS gets single EI investigation
3 = two IS at random become study buddies (they know that each other are IS)
4 = no IS die that night
5 = Random EC identity given

Both Teams get 5 Rocks irrespective of the number of team members remaining. If you are throwing an extra Rock that night, you will be notified via PM.

And another thing! What the heck is a "European accent" anyway? What kind of lazy writing is that? I have half a mind to fire myself

**** Juan.

Last edited by ADoubleDot; 01-26-2018 at 12:46 AM..
Old 01-17-2018, 09:36 AM
SOA

Players List
ShundayBloodyShunday - Innocent Sweeper lynched Day 2
Doctor Who - EC Skipper - Survivor
Linus - Innocent Sweeper Killed night 2
Bingboing -Innocent Sweeper lynched Day 1
CindyLou Who - Innocent Sweeper Killed Night 3
BruteForce - Innocent Sweeper Killed Night 5
sam10gle - Innocent Sweeper Lynched day 3
ImPrettyDumb - European Curler - Survivor
Werewolf - European Curler Lynched Day 4
A Student - Ombudsman Killed Night 4
soyleche - Innocent Sweeper Lynched Day 5
glassjaws - Innocent Sweeper Killed Night 1
ElDucky - Innocent Sweeper Lynched Day 6

The EC Win!

**** Juan.

Last edited by ADoubleDot; 01-26-2018 at 11:10 AM..
SOA

Lynch Deadline Day 5: Monday 1/29 @ 3 pm EST

**** Juan.

Last edited by ADoubleDot; 01-25-2018 at 06:06 PM..
SOA

Day 5 Rock Domain: Integers [1,25]

**** Juan.

Last edited by ADoubleDot; 01-25-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Old 01-17-2018, 09:57 AM
SOA

Ok, all the role PMs are out. If all you got was some lame joke about a foot, then you are IS.

**** Juan.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:38 AM
CAS

vote ElDucky

Just because he likes European food. Give me some good ol' Vegemite!!

My arbitrarily selected list for EC:
Bingboing
CLW
Linus
DW

These were the other people that were on my foot PM. That's it.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM
SOA

stinky feet in Pyeongchang
Old 01-17-2018, 10:50 AM
SOA

Studying for Gloomhaven
College: Purdue
Favorite beer: Belgians

Just based solely on the fact that he's wearing Norwegian pants (which, as we all know, is a European country)...

Vote SBS
Old 01-17-2018, 10:51 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam10gle View Post
Just based solely on the fact that he's wearing Norwegian pants (which, as we all know, is a European country)...

Vote SBS
They're imported!

But they are stylish!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:52 AM
SOA AAA

Checking in