Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries

Old 07-31-2013, 06:51 PM
CAS SOA

College: University of California, Berkeley

Wow you must have a stickler of a girlfriend if that's the reason for you not being able to play, haha.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:39 AM
SOA

Lost an hour long game last night. Was playing with a my brother (lvl 30), cousin (lvl 23), and cousin's friend (lvl 19) and a random who was lvl 27. Wanted to try Nunu jungle, but other team ended up not having a jungler. Teams were:

Nunu (me), Jayce (cousin's friend - who is quite bad), Twisted Fate (cousin), Graves (brother), Teemo (random).

vs.

Talon, Darius, Katarina, Ezreal, Jax

Their Katarina and Ezreal were both terrible, but Jax and Talon carried their team hard. When the game ended we had 60+ kills compared to their high 40s. Yet we didn't kill a single inhib all game. Was so so frustrating to play, especially as Nunu who can't really turn the game around with bad players on our team unless they just sit around in his ult for a while. Ended up losing when 3 of our team got caught by 4 of theirs in a 3 for 0. Sigh.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
SOA

Studying for GHCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Lost an hour long game last night. Was playing with a my brother (lvl 30), cousin (lvl 23), and cousin's friend (lvl 19) and a random who was lvl 27. Wanted to try Nunu jungle, but other team ended up not having a jungler. Teams were:

Nunu (me), Jayce (cousin's friend - who is quite bad), Twisted Fate (cousin), Graves (brother), Teemo (random).

vs.

Talon, Darius, Katarina, Ezreal, Jax

Their Katarina and Ezreal were both terrible, but Jax and Talon carried their team hard. When the game ended we had 60+ kills compared to their high 40s. Yet we didn't kill a single inhib all game. Was so so frustrating to play, especially as Nunu who can't really turn the game around with bad players on our team unless they just sit around in his ult for a while. Ended up losing when 3 of our team got caught by 4 of theirs in a 3 for 0. Sigh.
The more you play the more you will realize how important objectives are.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Non-Actuary

Its so easy to forget, though.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM
SOA

Placed into Silver 4 division over the weekend. Glad I didn't end up in Bronze. Won a majority of my ranked games when I played ADC as Varus which is strange since I don't ADC that often in Normals.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 AM
SOA

Studying for GHCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Placed into Silver 4 division over the weekend. Glad I didn't end up in Bronze. Won a majority of my ranked games when I played ADC as Varus which is strange since I don't ADC that often in Normals.
Silver 4 as well!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:07 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness0632 View Post
Silver 4 as well!
Studying for MLC as well!

Also, got Zac over the weekend. He is pretty fun to play. Big disruption effects in team fights and his ganks are pretty good as well.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Non-Actuary

Still haven't done any ranked matches at all. I don't see the benefit, and there are rumors that the douche ratio is much worse in ranked games.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 AM
SOA

Played with Aileron last night. Was fun playing with him, learned some good tips as well. Mainly played support and helped him carry

We could get a 5 person AO team up and running potentially based on the people who have replied in the thread.

@Descalzo, ranked isn't for everyone I guess. Some people, myself included, like the games to have a competitive flair to them and have the ability to see how we rank up versus others. Normals are good for trying out new strategies or getting used to a new champion, but I like doing ranked to give myself a good challenge versus people around my skill level.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
SOA

Studying for GHCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
Still haven't done any ranked matches at all. I don't see the benefit, and there are rumors that the douche ratio is much worse in ranked games.
It's high regardless. I don't care for normals because people will troll with a greater frequency and some don't care about winning, which I do. You can always mute other players.