Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillgreen View Post
One thing that discovered is that they don't plan to wipe the progress once the game is released. This actually surprises me. What do you guys think about it?
They wiped the progress once already, and before that wipe they said that would likely be the last.

I think part of it is managing expectations that they will modify individual cards, but will not nuke everything. Taking that stance makes it more difficult for players to call for a big wipe later on if they screw something up.

They have quite a bit of control with buffing/nerfing cards, since they can just nerf a card and offer increased dust for a short time period. That's what they did with a warrior card that they deemed (correctly) was too strong.

Right now priests are OP in arena, but I've had 9 wins with mage and warrior too. The warrior was 9-1 with what I thought was a horrible deck, but apparently got the job done. Shows how much I really don't know about drafting or gauging what is a good deck.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
SOA AAA

My craziest game this week.. I actually beat a priest who dropped 3 northshire clerics on turn 5 and healed the other minion on board. He also used MC 3 turns in a row on 8,9,10, but I already had board control. That was a win #9 for my mage deck with 4 polys.

I finally got a warrior deck to 9 wins (no weaps but arathi weaponsmith!), but I've been able to do it consistenly with mage, paladin, and druid. I've done it a few times with priest too, but it's definitely not my playstyle to be annoying and turtle for 20 min games...
Old 11-07-2013, 04:18 PM
CAS

Wow. That priest must have been pissed haha.

I'm thinking about making a damage-oriented priest. I have a lot of fun when I get to use shadow form or the reverse heal minion (name escapes me at the moment).
Old 12-11-2013, 09:21 AM
CAS

What do you guys think of the new patch?

I personally liked it a lot. Ranked mode has more thrill to it.

And I like that they put the battletag of your latest opponent. I was pretty much going solo until this point so it was nice to chat a little; especially after a close game or playing against a deck theme you've never seen/thought of before.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:53 PM
SOA AAA

I haven't played in two weeks. I have enough dust to make two legendaries, so I could put together almost all top tier constructed decks if I wanted to. How did they change ranked? The only patch notes I saw were a bunch of card nerfs.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:01 PM
CAS

They put in a ladder that resets after a certain period (I think it was monthly). You start at rank 25 and move your way down to rank 1. Losing has consequence now since you can lose rank.

Once you reach rank 1, they'll calculate your actual standing for a region (so you'll know if you are the best ranked player in NA).
Old 12-11-2013, 03:21 PM
CAS

Studying for Survivor Fantasy Football
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

I got a beta key for this two days ago. Need to try it out although I have to tear myself away from Witcher 2 for a bit first
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillgreen View Post
They put in a ladder that resets after a certain period (I think it was monthly). You start at rank 25 and move your way down to rank 1. Losing has consequence now since you can lose rank.

Once you reach rank 1, they'll calculate your actual standing for a region (so you'll know if you are the best ranked player in NA).
Okay, so there's a little more reason to play ranked. I actually still have over 1000 gold on my account, just haven't had time to draft. Missing over two weeks of dailies sucks too!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 AM
CAS

Studying for Survivor Fantasy Football
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
I got a beta key for this two days ago. Need to try it out although I have to tear myself away from Witcher 2 for a bit first
tried it out and now I'm having to tear myself away from Hearthstone to play Witcher 2. This is really fun. Done three arena runs so far, with only OK results, Paladin/Rogue/Warlock at 7/4/5 respectively. Have a Warrior run at 3-1 with a really nice 2 epic deck, high hopes for this one.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 AM
SOA

Game is definitely addictive. Very fun.

Took me a little while to get the hang of Arena but I've been tearing it up of late. I think I'm 3 for 6 on 12 wins after the patch (which made it a max of 12 wins instead of 9). Up to a little over 1200 gold but I haven't bought any packs w/ it yet.

Most of my good arena decks have been mage. Though I think my best one was the warlock I had yesterday. The strategy of just taking a bunch of cheap cards when you are warlock is pretty effective. I didn't realize until yesterday but when a card instructs you to discard a random card, you can still play it w/ no other cards in hand. That makes the 0 cost deal 4 card very powerful.

For the constructed I'm trying to grind my rank up w/ my druid deck but it's mostly just the starter cards so far. That's also fun but eventually I will have to craft some cards to fill out the deck so it can be more competitive. I think I'm up to rank 16 or so.