Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Actuarial Science Universities Forum > Bob Jones University
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Bob Jones University Dr. Gary Guthrie - Chairman of Mathematical Science
http://www.bju.edu/academics/cas/undergrad/divms/actuarial.html

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 PM
dailos dailos is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
your rong.
0 and 1 studies?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Captain Oveur Captain Oveur is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
University of Washington does NOT offer a degree in AS.
I suppose you could construct a suitable cross-specialty degree, but why bother?

Full disclosure - My degree from U Wash (B Sci., 1966) was in mathematics with a specialty that today might be labeled computer science.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Colonel Smoothie's Avatar
Colonel Smoothie Colonel Smoothie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale
Posts: 44,311
Default

nobody is going to read this thread now that someone moved it to the BOB JONES UNIVERSITY section

ugh
__________________
Recommended Readings for the EL Actuary || Recommended Readings for the EB Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Colonel Smoothie's Avatar
Colonel Smoothie Colonel Smoothie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale
Posts: 44,311
Default

__________________
Recommended Readings for the EL Actuary || Recommended Readings for the EB Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Sine Language's Avatar
Sine Language Sine Language is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: :usa:
Studying for the kids
Favorite beer: Whiskey, Irish
Posts: 3,597
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Bob Jones, what a guy. That combover is impeccable.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Smoothie View Post
I am a special flower
Disclaimer: This post is likely sarcastic in nature and in no way represents Sine Language's actual opinion and sentiment
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 AM
twig93's Avatar
twig93 twig93 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 25,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine Language View Post
Bob Jones, what a guy. That combover is impeccable.
I'm not sure you know what a combover is. That's not a combover. It's just an old-fashioned hairstyle.
__________________
Originally Posted by Gandalf
The thing that is clearest is twig's advice
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Sine Language's Avatar
Sine Language Sine Language is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: :usa:
Studying for the kids
Favorite beer: Whiskey, Irish
Posts: 3,597
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig93 View Post
I'm not sure you know what a combover is. That's not a combover. It's just an old-fashioned hairstyle.
I didn't say his combover was the same as my combover, or that there is only 1 way to do a combover. It looks pretty clear to me that he took a couple of his hairs from the right, and combed them over to the left. But I guess I should trust a female's opinion of male haircuts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Smoothie View Post
I am a special flower
Disclaimer: This post is likely sarcastic in nature and in no way represents Sine Language's actual opinion and sentiment

Last edited by Sine Language; 10-31-2014 at 10:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 AM
twig93's Avatar
twig93 twig93 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 25,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine Language View Post
I didn't say his combover was the same as my combover, or that there is only 1 way to do a combover. It looks pretty clear to me that he took a couple of his hairs from the right, and combed them over to the left. But I guess I should trust a female's opinion of male haircuts.
I thought it was only a "combover" if it was a pathetic attempt to hide a bald patch, which does not appear to be the case here.
__________________
Originally Posted by Gandalf
The thing that is clearest is twig's advice
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Sine Language's Avatar
Sine Language Sine Language is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: :usa:
Studying for the kids
Favorite beer: Whiskey, Irish
Posts: 3,597
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig93 View Post
I thought it was only a "combover" if it was a pathetic attempt to hide a bald patch, which does not appear to be the case here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Smoothie View Post
I am a special flower
Disclaimer: This post is likely sarcastic in nature and in no way represents Sine Language's actual opinion and sentiment
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:53 AM
twig93's Avatar
twig93 twig93 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 25,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine Language View Post
.
Yeah, like that. *That's* a combover!
__________________
Originally Posted by Gandalf
The thing that is clearest is twig's advice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.34953 seconds with 9 queries