Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Website Ideas - Comments > Make a Suggestion or Report a Problem Here
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
Gfy.
This is pretty ambiguous.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
CAS SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
The, uh, short questionnaires are for tracking changes in your situation, not a diagnosis. But you knew that TimA, since you're clearly the expert around here.
While I don't disagree with you on the questions, doctors will only run a full blood panel before writing a prescription for anti-depressants (sometimes even less) The argument can be made that people are put on anti-depressants, without the doctor being more careful about whether the medication is good for them or not.

The science is not all that great from what I have observed. Usually you will see doctors rotating anti-depressants until one is tolerated, and offers some perceived measure of benefit to the individual. This can take months/years.
Old Today, 03:19 AM
SOA

Studying for US Immigration
College: University of Waterloo Alumni
Favorite beer: Delirium Tremens

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Polymath View Post
While I don't disagree with you on the questions, doctors will only run a full blood panel before writing a prescription for anti-depressants (sometimes even less) The argument can be made that people are put on anti-depressants, without the doctor being more careful about whether the medication is good for them or not.

The science is not all that great from what I have observed. Usually you will see doctors rotating anti-depressants until one is tolerated, and offers some perceived measure of benefit to the individual. This can take months/years.
I actually agree with you on this one.

I myself was not diagnosed with anything until a year and a half after being put on antidepressants. People confuse being put on the drug, for confirmation of their illnesses. They are simply mistaken in this regard, and doctors should be more careful.

That said, regardless of the path I took to get there, my antidepressants are indeed effective. The difference, in me, is like night and day. I do not believe that it is the drugs themselves that are the problem with the current state of the mental healthcare system, and those that advocate for that idea are causing more harm than good.

Anxious people are listening to you TimA. And you might be the reason that they don't get the help that they need. It's a ****ing selfish, pos thing to do, and I won't sit around and watch you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
You wouldn’t be Tiffany if there wasn’t at least some risk at any given point in time that you’re going to go batshit and threaten to burn our houses down. Why stop posting now?

Last edited by Tiffany; Today at 03:40 AM..
Old Today, 03:20 AM
SOA

Studying for US Immigration
College: University of Waterloo Alumni
Favorite beer: Delirium Tremens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polevault1 View Post
This is pretty ambiguous.
Oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
You wouldn’t be Tiffany if there wasn’t at least some risk at any given point in time that you’re going to go batshit and threaten to burn our houses down. Why stop posting now?