Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Pension - Social Security
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Salary Surveys
Property & Casualty, Life, Health & Pension

Health Actuary Jobs
Insurance & Consulting jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Actuarial Recruitment
Visit DW Simpson's website for more info.
www.dwsimpson.com/about

Casualty Jobs
Property & Casualty jobs for Students, Associates & Fellows

Old 02-17-2020, 04:20 PM

Default Correction of Previous Post - EA , Returning to the Active Roster

My prior post was incorrect - let's say an EA is moved to the inactive roster effective 4/1/2020 ; the current enrollment cycle began 01/01/2020 - as soon as the EA completes 36 hours under the normal rules he/she can apply for return to active enrollment immediately and credits earned during the previous cycle can be applied - the EA must then complete another 36 hours before 12/31/2022 , again under the usual rules , to satisfy the requirements for the current cycle .

Inactive EA's have 3 cycles to get back on track and if they fail to do it within that timeframe , they literally have to start the enrollment process from scratch - also returning to active status during the first inactive cycle is easier than during the two subsequent cycles .

I am the EA described above and I'm pretty sure I'll try to return to active status during this current cycle , not because I need it for employment , I'm retired , but because I enjoy having the opportunity of staying involved with the pension community for as long as possible and also because it was hard work for me to achieve the designation .

I'd welcome any input from others on my understanding of the rules , I may have missed something .