Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!


View Poll Results: Should actuarial qualifications bodies comply with Laws and regulations?
Yes 11 18.33%
No 49 81.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-02-2019, 01:01 PM
atfl atfl is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
Serious answer: OP, you want to have a poll to "prove" some point, whatever it is. If you had a solid point, you would just lay out the evidence. Your disingenuousness is annoying to most and makes you look foolish to pretty much all. Maybe just make your point; or go away.
this. I voted no just cause I'm sick of how many posts and threads it takes for this guy to grind his axe.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-02-2019, 01:05 PM
CuriousGeorge CuriousGeorge is offline
Member
CAS SOA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atfl View Post
this. I voted no just cause I'm sick of how many posts and threads it takes for this guy to grind his axe.
And I keep having to delete my posts because his threads are/were in a professional subforum.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Misterbass Misterbass is offline
Member
CAS SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
Tywin Lannister: Does the lion concern himself with the sheep's opinion?
Voldemort: I will not answer to muggles.
Dwight Schrute: Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors. Also, I have something I need you to sign.




lolz

Haha that's great
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Misterbass Misterbass is offline
Member
CAS SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
Serious answer: OP, you want to have a poll to "prove" some point, whatever it is. If you had a solid point, you would just lay out the evidence. Your disingenuousness is annoying to most and makes you look foolish to pretty much all. Maybe just make your point; or go away.



Right here this is what I want to say but don't have the reputation to actually get you to just "go away".

Thanks Westley.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-03-2019, 07:34 AM
almost_there almost_there is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 328
Blog Entries: 1
Default

The poll results say a lot about the 'professionals' who post on here...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-03-2019, 08:52 AM
atfl atfl is offline
Member
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
The poll results say a lot about the 'professionals' who post on here...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-03-2019, 09:23 AM
bsanders33 bsanders33 is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 530
Default

I answered no because I thought this must be some kind of trick question.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Gandalf's Avatar
Gandalf Gandalf is offline
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 31,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
The poll results say a lot about the 'professionals' who post on here...
In the US, we have a saying which begins “ask a stupid question...”. Many have complied.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-03-2019, 10:40 AM
Arroway's Avatar
Arroway Arroway is offline
Member
CAS SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a house
Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine
Posts: 1,255
Default

I voted no, cuz I think laws are for suckers.
__________________
Arroway, Injustice 2 Raid Leader

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-03-2019, 11:00 AM
FoxNews's Avatar
FoxNews FoxNews is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousele View Post
The rights of the Sovereign Actuarial Societies shall not be impinged. As the arbiters of all that is insurance and risky, we are righteous because we stand together and defy all laws. We will actuarialize the planet and make it fit our whims.
FoxNews shall balance out your totalitarianism by being fair.
__________________
FAIR AND BALANCED
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.30499 seconds with 12 queries