Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > Health and Fitness Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanders33 View Post
Yes I do. I also only eat within an 8 hour window. Obviously there is no overlap between the 8 of good sleep and the 8 of good eating.
to help further the cause, can you see if there is an improvement if you overlap the two?
Old 10-12-2018, 06:04 AM
CAS

http://testosteroneaddiction.com/

Excellent link for anyone who is seriously considering taking testosterone.

This stuff is actually becoming a huge problem in our “quick fix” culture
Old 10-12-2018, 06:09 AM
CAS

http://testosteroneaddiction.com/tes...member-shares/

This is a short but important article — good one to start with
Old 10-12-2018, 07:28 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: Corona :)

Quote:
http://testosteroneaddiction.com/

Excellent link for anyone who is seriously considering taking testosterone.

This stuff is actually becoming a huge problem in our “quick fix” culture
Do you even bother to read your links?

That site is the brain child of a woman who was on HRT.

God knows why she was on Testosterone, but I am not even remotely surprised she had issues. Women should not touch testosterone because while their physiology does have small amounts circulating, they are just too sensitive to the side effects. Also, given how idiotic most doctors are in adminstrating testosterone she was
probably on a regimen that caused her blood levels to
oscillate too much, hence she got a lot of side effects.
Also, if you have mental health issues (both men and women) these can be magnified by the side effects, which I would bet is what happened here.

So she had a shitty time, did an undergrad psychology course and voila! instant crusade.

Nothing I haven't seen before.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:16 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas66Kent View Post
Do you even bother to read your links?

That site is the brain child of a woman who was on HRT.

God knows why she was on Testosterone, but I am not even remotely surprised she had issues. Women should not touch testosterone because while their physiology does have small amounts circulating, they are just too sensitive to the side effects. Also, given how idiotic most doctors are in adminstrating testosterone she was
probably on a regimen that caused her blood levels to
oscillate too much, hence she got a lot of side effects.
Also, if you have mental health issues (both men and women) these can be magnified by the side effects, which I would bet is what happened here.

So she had a shitty time, did an undergrad psychology course and voila! instant crusade.

Nothing I haven't seen before.
There is a ton of solid factual info on that site about the dangers of these drugs. Your only response is ad hominem in nature. I get that you are a true believer in the concept of putting hormones in your body. There’s really nothing that is going to convince you that it’s a bad idea.

We live in a culture that is obsessed with youth, and with quick fixes through a pill or shot. And those attitudes are ultimately what underlies the testosterone epidemic in our culture. The human body excels at homeostasis and will find a way to regulate its hormone levels, especially if undisturbed by bad behavioral choices or unnecessary drug treatments.

There are many things a man can do to naturally increase T levels without the dangers, uncertainties and risks of TRT. I’ve listed many. Some will question the supplements I recommend. Fine. If you don’t want to take supplements, I would at least urge you to focus heavily on getting enough zinc and magnesium through your dietary choices. I would also urge finding Ashwagandha from a brand or distributor you trust, because there is solid scientific evidence that it works.

Others balk at my space whacking prescription. Fine. But you do need to ejaculate on a regular basis. Use it or lose it.

The rest of my recs are common natural sense. Moderate daily sunlight, hardcore weight training, cardio and fasting to reduce belly fat, no alcohol, no processed sugar, control stress (space whacking will also help here), get good sleep and more of it.

If you do all that, you WILL increase your T levels, your libido, the strength and staying power of your erections, your energy levels and mood, and your satisfaction with life. Yes, it is harder than taking a shot or a pill/cream/gel/drug.

And your T levels, for 99.9% of men, will wind up where nature intended them to be. And, yes, this intended level will decline as you age.

The epidemic of T injections is a massive fraud perpetuated by the marketing machine of big pharma. It is a farce.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:32 AM
SOA

To anyone who may be taking Sanders seriously, ask yourself, who would draw a picture of thier dick for some dude at GNC and reflect.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsafdsa View Post
To anyone who may be taking Sanders seriously, ask yourself, who would draw a picture of thier dick for some dude at GNC and reflect.
Ad hominem.

I get it. Many men are total believers in the idea of artificially increasing hormone levels in their body. Fine.

To all the others, who still have an open mind, I have presented a far better way.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:15 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: Corona :)

Quote:
There is a ton of solid factual info on that site about the dangers of these drugs. Your only response is ad hominem in nature. I get that you are a true believer in the concept of putting hormones in your body. There’s really nothing that is going to convince you that it’s a bad idea.

We live in a culture that is obsessed with youth, and with quick fixes through a pill or shot. And those attitudes are ultimately what underlies the testosterone epidemic in our culture. The human body excels at homeostasis and will find a way to regulate its hormone levels, especially if undisturbed by bad behavioral choices or unnecessary drug treatments.

There are many things a man can do to naturally increase T levels without the dangers, uncertainties and risks of TRT. I’ve listed many. Some will question the supplements I recommend. Fine. If you don’t want to take supplements, I would at least urge you to focus heavily on getting enough zinc and magnesium through your dietary choices. I would also urge finding Ashwagandha from a brand or distributor you trust, because there is solid scientific evidence that it works.

Others balk at my space whacking prescription. Fine. But you do need to ejaculate on a regular basis. Use it or lose it.

The rest of my recs are common natural sense. Moderate daily sunlight, hardcore weight training, cardio and fasting to reduce belly fat, no alcohol, no processed sugar, control stress (space whacking will also help here), get good sleep and more of it.

If you do all that, you WILL increase your T levels, your libido, the strength and staying power of your erections, your energy levels and mood, and your satisfaction with life. Yes, it is harder than taking a shot or a pill/cream/gel/drug.

And your T levels, for 99.9% of men, will wind up where nature intended them to be. And, yes, this intended level will decline as you age.

The epidemic of T injections is a massive fraud perpetuated by the marketing machine of big pharma. It is a farce.
You have demonstrated that you do not understand the underlying science.

Also, you are utterly clueless if you think doctors easily prescribe T injections. The amount of hoops you have to go through for this sort of treatment is actually quite significant.

So go away and educate yourself. I have wasted enough energy on your ignorance.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:36 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas66Kent View Post
You have demonstrated that you do not understand the underlying science.

Also, you are utterly clueless if you think doctors easily prescribe T injections. The amount of hoops you have to go through for this sort of treatment is actually quite significant.

So go away and educate yourself. I have wasted enough energy on your ignorance.
You’re playing with semantics here. It is very very easy to find a doctor who will give you TRT, via creams/gels/pellets etc

There are “low T centers” all over America. It is an epidemic and a disgrace.

I’ve presented links to legitimate sources and could produce more. But you’re right, neither of us will convince the other. I believe in natural methods to improve t levels and sexual health. You believe in manipulating t levels via doctors visits and drugs.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:54 AM
CAS

Studying for Exam 4
Favorite beer: None

Quote:
You’re playing with semantics here. It is very very easy to find a doctor who will give you TRT, via creams/gels/pellets etc

There are “low T centers” all over America. It is an epidemic and a disgrace.

I’ve presented links to legitimate sources and could produce more. But you’re right, neither of us will convince the other. I believe in natural methods to improve t levels and sexual health. You believe in manipulating t levels via doctors visits and drugs.
I'm excited for you that you're having great success with this. You should absolutely share what you've done, and the impact it's had on you.

Telling others what to do because "It worked for me" and "big pharma" is nonsense.