Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > Health and Fitness Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-12-2018, 11:18 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfire View Post
I'm excited for you that you're having great success with this. You should absolutely share what you've done, and the impact it's had on you.

Telling others what to do because "It worked for me" and "big pharma" is nonsense.
The posts in this thread have been very tilted toward pro-TRT, IMO. I have a different view. I do believe that TRT is a huge fraud and an epidemic, largely perpetuated by drug manufacturers and complicit “low T” clinics and their doctors. It’s jmo but the link I’ve provided above, if anyone chooses to read it with an open mind, has a wealth of solid factual info.

I’ve presented my approach. I was told that I don’t understand the science, that I’m dumb, and/or that I’m a troll. Fine. I provided one link to a legit study regarding Ashwagandha and could provide more links to other aspects of my plan. But you are right, my greatest motivation for recommending this plan to others is that it worked so well for me. And there’s really no downside to at least trying the majority of the aspects of my plan before resorting to messy creams and gels. Most of my plan is just good healthy common sense (yes, I realize a couple elements may be unique, so skip or modify those)

This is a thread for giving opinions and that’s mine.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:22 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanders33 View Post
Ad hominem.

I get it. Many men are total believers in the idea of artificially increasing hormone levels in their body. Fine.

To all the others, who still have an open mind, I have presented a far better way.
I'm a believer of not drawing my dick for random guys,
Old 10-12-2018, 11:24 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsafdsa View Post
I'm a believer of not drawing my dick for random guys,
You’re kind of obsessed with this drawing. You wanting to see it?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:26 AM
CAS

I'm always surprised by people who say, "medicine has side effects, that's why I'm using natural stuff". News alert, natural stuff has side effects, too, and if it's a real effect and not just placebo, it's much more likely to have side effects.

Lead and arsenic are all natural. Opium is a natural extract of a poppy. Digitalis is a natural extract of foxglove. For that matter, hormones are completely natural, so natural that you can make your own (or get it from other creatures.)
Old 10-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Favorite beer: pilseners

Pretty good story about testosterone. Well, okay the 2nd half is cheesy.
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/220/testosterone
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:36 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintPatty View Post
I'm always surprised by people who say, "medicine has side effects, that's why I'm using natural stuff". News alert, natural stuff has side effects, too, and if it's a real effect and not just placebo, it's much more likely to have side effects.

Lead and arsenic are all natural. Opium is a natural extract of a poppy. Digitalis is a natural extract of foxglove. For that matter, hormones are completely natural, so natural that you can make your own (or get it from other creatures.)
My plan can be altered to eliminate the supplements. I do think it’s hard to get the necessary amounts of zinc and magnesium via diet alone. And imho herbals like Ashwagandha are effective and don’t have the crazy ass testosterone side effects like what is described in my link or in the link above.

Last edited by bsanders33; 10-12-2018 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 AM
SOA

Favorite beer: Corona :)

Quote:
You’re playing with semantics here. It is very very easy to find a doctor who will give you TRT, via creams/gels/pellets etc

There are “low T centers” all over America. It is an epidemic and a disgrace.

I’ve presented links to legitimate sources and could produce more. But you’re right, neither of us will convince the other. I believe in natural methods to improve t levels and sexual health. You believe in manipulating t levels via doctors visits and drugs.
Wrong on all counts.

I use science to optimize my physiology due to a health issue that I had a long time ago.

The reason why I call you a buffoon is because having low testosterone levels does real damage to the quality of life of a lot of men. The vast majority of these men would not be helped by taking supplements. They would simply not work well enough for them to be of any use. (They would spend money and spin their wheels for years without any increase in their quality of life. For what? So that you can feel good about your placebo effect? No thanks)

I know this because not only did I have to go through a years long process to obtain it, but I I have studied the underlying science for over 20 years in order to educate myself on the pros and cons. I've also dicussed this with many experts in the reproductive field, and as with any drug, you should always be trying to optimize the dosage as it pertains to your own unique physiology, as well as keep a close eye on any potential side effects. A one size fits all approach like the one you keep describing does not work for most people.

You would know this if you had actually taken the time to educate yourself on the matter. But it is obvious that you haven't because this process takes many years. Instead, you search for a quick answer online, from a woman that has been looking at this for only a few years, and has a non-existent scientific background.

Colour me shocked when people end up laughing at your position.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:09 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas66Kent View Post
Wrong on all counts.

I use science to optimize my physiology due to a health issue that I had a long time ago.

The reason why I call you a buffoon is because having low testosterone levels does real damage to the quality of life of a lot of men. The vast majority of these men would not be helped by taking supplements. They would simply not work well enough for them to be of any use. (They would spend money and spin their wheels for years without any increase in their quality of life. For what? So that you can feel good about your placebo effect? No thanks)

I know this because not only did I have to go through a years long process to obtain it, but I I have studied the underlying science for over 20 years in order to educate myself on the pros and cons. I've also dicussed this with many experts in the reproductive field, and as with any drug, you should always be trying to optimize the dosage as it pertains to your own unique physiology, as well as keep a close eye on any potential side effects. A one size fits all approach like the one you keep describing does not work for most people.

You would know this if you had actually taken the time to educate yourself on the matter. But it is obvious that you haven't because this process takes many years. Instead, you search for a quick answer online, from a woman that has been looking at this for only a few years, and has a non-existent scientific background.

Colour me shocked when people end up laughing at your position.
You have your success story, I have mine. When I first started my testosterone journey, about the time I turned 50, I did spend several months researching TRT. And I reached my conclusion on that. I also researched drug-free alternatives, and I spoke to a person at gnc who is thoroughly educated on supplements and who is completely ripped and whom I trust.

Just a couple years ago, I was a flabby wet noodle. My arms were etiolated, my tits were saggy, I was always tired - and you could put a young naked horny-for-me Sophia Loren in my bedroom and my dick still wouldn’t get hard.

Now I’m 20 lbs heavier and I’m ripped. They call me “shredded wheat” in the gym and my gf calls me “mr massive man who is always ready when I need his love”. I get hard when the wind blows on my pants. I have passionate sex every day and twice on Sunday’s. I never need a nap and I’m always ready to deliver at work — unless I have a hard on that temporarily keeps me behind my desk. The quality and quantity of my actuarial work has exploded in the positive direction.

I’m ten times the manly man I was before I started this program, and I did it drug free.

All I’m saying in this thread is ... boyz give my plan a try before you get on the juice.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas66Kent View Post
Also, you are utterly clueless if you think doctors easily prescribe T injections. The amount of hoops you have to go through for this sort of treatment is actually quite significant.
Actually, here in the states, there is quite the concierge industry popping up to do this kind of thing. That's how I got on testosterone. I'm not sure all doctors would have prescribed T for me, with the levels I had at the time. But it's pretty easy to get prescribed T through these folks, if you have the money.

But now that I've done T shots and I'm off them, my T levels are ridiculously low. I'll be going back to my urologist in a week, and we may do the implanted, slow-release "seeds." But I seem to also have apnea now, and I've been reading that T therapy is contraindicated when treating apnea. So I'm not sure what's in store next...
Old 10-12-2018, 01:39 PM
SOA

Quote:
You’re kind of obsessed with this drawing. You wanting to see it?
Just reminding people you're obviously trolling in the simplest way possible.