Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 10-25-2011, 10:28 AM

Anyway...I am considering buying the season pass for gears 3 but not really sure if I am going to be playing it enough in the future to make it worthwhile.

Also I will go on record that I strongly dislike the fact that less than 3 months after release there will be two DLC packs released for a game.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Avenger View Post
I agree - although I did really enjoy Red Dead Redemption. Better storyline, new gameplay elements, and a more interesting world to explore compared to a city with hundreds of buildings that can't be entered.
I felt the same about GTA4 that I felt about RDR. Both were fun, great games, but none of them were "GOTY" imo.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:31 AM
CAS SOA

Favorite beer: Summer Shandy

Um, what is GTA?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoo View Post
Um, what is GTA?
Grand Theft Auto
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I felt the same about GTA4 that I felt about RDR. Both were fun, great games, but none of them were "GOTY" imo.
I loved RDR, but GTA has always been meh for me. I'm about 33% through GTA4, and have been there for 3-4 months.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:35 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldancer911 View Post
Anyway...I am considering buying the season pass for gears 3 but not really sure if I am going to be playing it enough in the future to make it worthwhile.

Also I will go on record that I strongly dislike the fact that less than 3 months after release there will be two DLC packs released for a game.
I can't believe people still complain about this.

Personally, I think what they did with Arkham City's Catwoman content is far worse than "release-window DLC" (which could very well be stuff that was developed after the studio locked down content additions a couple months before release).
Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 AM

This month is killing me on the video game front. There are just too many games I want to buy and I don't have time to play them.

Dark Souls
Batman AC
Uncharted 3
Legend of Zelda
Elder scrolls

I have a test in 3 weeks and even after my test I'll probably only have time to play a couple of these after that anyways. My plan is to pick up Zelda and Elder Scrolls right away and wait for price drops on uncharted and batman. Sadly I'm not sure if I'll have time for Dark Souls. This is a stupid complaint but there are too many good games coming out too quickly.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 AM

Studying for 2/FM
Favorite beer: Guinness

I am debating buying the pass. actually I have a $10 certificate that expires on Saturday for Best Buy. Maybe I will use that towards buying the micrsoft points for the season pass.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Studying for 2/FM
Favorite beer: Guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
This month is killing me on the video game front. There are just too many games I want to buy and I don't have time to play them.

Dark Souls
Batman AC
Uncharted 3
Legend of Zelda
Elder scrolls

I have a test in 3 weeks and even after my test I'll probably only have time to play a couple of these after that anyways. My plan is to pick up Zelda and Elder Scrolls right away and wait for price drops on uncharted and batman. Sadly I'm not sure if I'll have time for Dark Souls. This is a stupid complaint but there are too many good games coming out too quickly.

is Zelda for the wii?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I can't believe people still complain about this.

Personally, I think what they did with Arkham City's Catwoman content is far worse than "release-window DLC" (which could very well be stuff that was developed after the studio locked down content additions a couple months before release).
What did they do with the catwomen stuff? (Might be the same as the first gears stuff).

I think the first gears DLC is already loaded onto the disk and you just download a small file when you purchase it to unlock the content. I am more annoyed with this than content added after release.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one