Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Website Ideas - Comments > Make a Suggestion or Report a Problem Here
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #191  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Underpaid Underpaid is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I disagree and categorize suicide as a mental illness but donít see how an opposing view would be considered trolling
Great. Start a thread about that topic.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 AM
campbell's Avatar
campbell campbell is offline
Mary Pat Campbell
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY
Studying for duolingo and coursera
Favorite beer: Murphy's Irish Stout
Posts: 82,920
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is my Alt View Post
Report any about a month ago?
I generally report posts only in the professional areas. not NAT.
__________________
It's STUMP

LinkedIn Profile
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:09 AM
SlowMotionWalter's Avatar
SlowMotionWalter SlowMotionWalter is online now
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childish Gambino View Post
*fewer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:31 AM
PeppermintPatty's Avatar
PeppermintPatty PeppermintPatty is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 37,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is my Alt View Post
It definitely happens donít even deny it. Hence this thread. Probably proffer some blowies at a Potac for the right ban...


Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
why are RIP threads so sacred anyway? it's usually about some celebrity who none of us actually knows irl. do people really get super sad about celebrity deaths?
Because Traci was really upset when someone made a silly joke about superman in an RIP thread, and that set the precedent. We've had a clear precedent since then, so much so that people routinely start non-RIP threads to talk about dead celebrities. It's a slightly odd rule, but not one that anyone should have any trouble following.

But yes, people do get super sad about some celebrity deaths. This was one that made several posters extremely sad, as it happens.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Helen Sass Helen Sass is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nearby
Studying for Colorectal Exam
College: SUNY Alumni
Favorite beer: #1 - Free; #2 - Cold
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childish Gambino View Post
Sad to see them quarreling like this. I'd been researching bakeries willing to sell them a cake.
Hunh. I always just assumed gb and gben were a couple.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral Omen
ok, have fun setting up contrived academic problems in elementary probability that don't correspond to reality in any way.
Ouch
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 AM
SamTheEagle's Avatar
SamTheEagle SamTheEagle is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 53,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintPatty View Post



Because Traci was really upset when someone made a silly joke about superman in an RIP thread, and that set the precedent. We've had a clear precedent since then, so much so that people routinely start non-RIP threads to talk about dead celebrities. It's a slightly odd rule, but not one that anyone should have any trouble following.

But yes, people do get super sad about some celebrity deaths. This was one that made several posters extremely sad, as it happens.
Those posts weren't even negative. Some great jokes died that day.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:06 AM
BernieSanders2016 BernieSanders2016 is online now
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10,125
Default

Man, not only did they troll an RIP thread, they did so with terrible opinions about mental health.

I'd like to cash in my ban credit.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Death Roo Records's Avatar
Death Roo Records Death Roo Records is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieSanders2016 View Post
Man, not only did they troll an RIP thread, they did so with terrible opinions about mental health.

I'd like to cash in my ban credit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Wow. I'm guessing your internet machismo is because you feel that you have 30+ alts to fall back on, including the ones waiting to be approved. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 07-12-2018, 01:06 PM
This is my Alt's Avatar
This is my Alt This is my Alt is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieSanders2016 View Post
Man, not only did they troll an RIP thread, they did so with terrible opinions about mental health.

I'd like to cash in my ban credit.
Modern day psychology/psychiatry is just quackery to try to make people feel good and avoid assuming responsibility for their own well being. Sorry to hear you drank the koolaid
__________________
I believe they call this - "getting served"

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by This is my Alt View Post


Of course Sotomayor voted against it. It's the only reason she got into the Ivy League
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
And you know this because?

Jackassery like yours is exhibit A in why it's needed. You assume because she's Latina that's the only reason she made it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTimes
For all her reticence in discussing her legal views, Sotomayor is frank about how much she benefited from affirmative action.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 07-12-2018, 01:07 PM
BernieSanders2016 BernieSanders2016 is online now
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is my Alt View Post
Modern day psychology/psychiatry is just quackery to try to make people feel good and avoid assuming responsibility for their own well being. Sorry to hear you drank the koolaid
Lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.20532 seconds with 11 queries