Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Actuarial Science Universities Forum > University of Waterloo
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Not looking for a job? Tell us about your ideal job,
and we'll only contact you when it opens up.
https://www.dwsimpson.com/register

University of Waterloo Mary Hardy - Professor
Ken Seng Tan - Professor / Advisor
http://www.stats.uwaterloo.ca

Old 06-10-2014, 01:46 AM

College: MSE
Default Acceptance rate at University of Waterloo

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I am an applicant from India.

I had initially done B.Tech Biotechnology (Engg. Course)(2008-12 at SRM University, Chennai) and secured a CGPA of 9.023 ( Had maths for a year and Biostatistics for a semester).

I then worked at TCS for a year(2012-13) ( Placed through campus) and then joined Actuarial economics at MSE (2013-15). The curriculum here is based on the CT series but does not perfectly train us for the Actuarial exams. It does help in taking up the exams.

I gave CT1(Financial Maths) and CT7(Business Economics) in May 2014.

It would be of immense help if you could help me know more about the course and the University.

4. Is GMAT, Statement of Purpose a part of admission requirement? I had read through your FAQs, but would like to re-confirm.

5. Does obtaining the degree from the University help us get the Exemption or they set a benchmark percentage for exemptions?

6. The difference between MSc Actuarial Science & Post-graduate diploma in Actuarial Science? Which one has better job prospects?

7. How high is the exemption rate and the placement rate of candidates from the University?

8. What are the (Skills & Scores that could increase the chances of admission) a candidate must possess to make it to the University of Waterloo? I have got GPAs of 9.75 in 1st sem and 10 in 2nd semester in M.Sc Actuarial Economics course at MSE.

9. The acceptance rate of the applicants at the University of Waterloo. Would I stand a fair chance for the MActSc course there?

Kindly let me know at your earliest convenience. Thank you so much for your assistance.