Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Website Ideas - Comments > Make a Suggestion or Report a Problem Here
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohomology View Post
right but it is about how and when the decision would have been made based on twigs statement. I accept the moderators decision (based on past alts and name calling) and probably would have made the same call but then twig makes a post that based on content of the thread alone she would have banned. Head explodes!

Can you point to something in snakes posts that are not mainstream Christian doctrine? Note I said Doctrine as written in Vatican law and canons, not what most people think and practice.
why are you ignoring my argument that mainstream Christian doctrine can easily be homophobic and hateful? IT'S NO EXCUSE!
Spoiler:
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter View Post
What's the record for # of permabanned IDs for a single poster?
How many Homers were there that were unnecessarily and mercilessly slaughtered in the Great Homer Purge of 2008? I bet that person has the record.

cant someuse use Tor to get around permabanning a person?
Old 06-25-2018, 01:22 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohomology View Post
right but it is about how and when the decision would have been made based on twigs statement. I accept the moderators decision (based on past alts and name calling) and probably would have made the same call but then twig makes a post that based on content of the thread alone she would have banned. Head explodes!

Can you point to something in snakes posts that are not mainstream Christian doctrine? Note I said Doctrine as written in Vatican law and canons, not what most people think and practice.
the bolded aren't equivalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTheEagle View Post
How many Homers were there that were unnecessarily and mercilessly slaughtered in the Great Homer Purge of 2008? I bet that person has the record.
sad
Spoiler:
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGillotine View Post
I might do things differently if I were in charge.
That's true for many of the mods, as well, I'm sure. At least with the system we have, there are generally 4 mods discussing what to do about any given report in political and, in my experience, all 4 are willing to listen to reason when one of the other 4 talks them down. The effect is that we are probably too slow at time to get rid of noxious posters, but i would submit it's very rare that a poster is removed (at least in political) unjustly.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:25 PM
CAS

For the record, this is the named post that got snakeroberts banned:

Quote:
sorry I have to respond here. TG has a personality derived learning disability that prevents him from leaning.

There are aspects of religion that cannot be refuted by empirical means. Full stop*

TG then rambles into some detail that he read on the internet about one particular point which does not refute my general point.

By bigoted you mean hold certain ideas different from yours, alot of which will never be proven wrong nor correct, but provide alot utility as can be seen by standing the test of time as a religion. Such as is Jesus the son of God? TG is going to prove this wrong by citing some esoteric error in the old testament Bible and show off is theology knowledge or ancient philo readings got it.
Not exactly a calm recitation of mainstream Christian theology.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:31 PM
CAS

Posts #5 and 6 in the OP also aren't mainstream Christian beliefs and are, imo, pretty hateful, calling people's marriages invalid if one of them is infertile, and that "there would be less orphans if infertile people never got married" which to me is just a vicious slander, and a senseless one at that.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Posts #5 and 6 in the OP also aren't mainstream Christian beliefs and are, imo, pretty hateful, calling people's marriages invalid if one of them is infertile, and that "there would be less orphans if infertile people never got married" which to me is just a vicious slander, and a senseless one at that.
yeah, no idea if that's mainstream Christian, but agree that it was just as hateful as what he said about gay people.
Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2018, 01:35 PM
SOA

Quote:
Considering one of the mods is in a marriage that has failed to be fruitful in that way and has thus adopted from the foster system.... yeah, it was an interesting rhetorical tact to take for sure.
Closed Thread