Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Probability
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Probability Old Exam P Forum

Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 PM
SOA

Default Exam P Video Lessons

Many of you might already know about this course, but for those looking for quality study resources for exam P that haven't seen it:

http://www.probabilityexam.com

I spent 2 years slowly creating this course by poring through every great book and article on each topic and developing my own examples to present them in the most understandable, concise, accurate and compelling way. My promise is that you'll get tremendous value from using these videos in terms of both the limited time you'll spend and the depth of understanding you'll acquire on each topic (more than any other resource out there).

You don't have to spend any money to enjoy a lot of the benefit of the hundreds of hours spent creating this. The formula sheets are completely free in full as well as a practice exam with video solutions with all original problems created by me:

formula sheets: http://formulas.probabilityexam.com/

practice exam PDF: http://pe1.probabilityexam.com/ (video solutions at the bottom on the course page)

Several lessons are free to watch as well including one on discrete joint distributions which you’ll likely find helpful if you’re having trouble with the topic Joint Distributions (Part I)

A review previously posted here on ActuarialOutpost:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iclim View Post
I started using this video series to get ready for Exam P back in May 2018. I have a very weak stats/probability background, but the material was presented in a great way making it easy to follow and learn. There's just enough theory to appreciate if that's something you enjoy and plenty of examples and material necessary to pass the exam.

Each lesson will take about an hour or two depending on how much you rewind, take notes, work on problems, etc... so it should only take about two months to work through it at a casual pace.

Compared to some of the other online courses you can go through, this one is a good price and very good quality.
Another review from someone using the course:
Quote:
Best probability course so far. These videos are so informative and I really like the way material is presented.
Good luck to all taking the exam in the next sitting!

Last edited by Michael Mastroianni; 04-13-2019 at 12:05 AM..