Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Old 10-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter View Post
I was fine with it on PVE. Absolutely hate it on PVP. Hate 1k Needles (but like the flats).
is thousand needles the same terrain as vanilla, or is it the post cataclysm terrain?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:16 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
is thousand needles the same terrain as vanilla, or is it the post cataclysm terrain?
Everything's as it was in vanilla.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 10-03-2019, 12:36 PM
SOA

I made the swap to protection talents finally. It will be nice to be able to hold threat better. Did one LBRS run last night to start Onyxia attunement quest--will run UBRS and continue the chain. Hopefully I'll get my shoulders and shield pretty quickly, because I know I'll have to run scholomance a lot for gear, so I'd rather not spend too long in UBRS.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:36 PM
SOA

Also, I think it's time to look for a new guild. This one has just been stagnant and the GM is pretty toxic. I wouldn't want to raid with him personally, and of the 80 members there are only 15 that are 50+, so we won't have any raids any time soon that aren't 80+% pugs / other guild.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:19 PM
SOA

Found a new guild, <Breakthrough>, that's waaay better. The people are knowledgeable, older, more mature, and better at the game. I hit 60 late Friday night, spent Saturday and Sunday working on gear, and was subbed in to tank some bosses in Molten Core. Got Ragnaros down to 5% on a really scuffed pull, and people had to go to bed at that point, so we're going to finish him tonight (and hopefully Onyxia).
Old 10-08-2019, 12:12 PM
SOA

Yep, we went back in and killed Ragnaros and Onyxia on our first attempts (of the night) last night. Funny enough, we died more on clearing trash mobs and then wiped twice having to re-kill Majordomo Executus so we could get to rag, so the first hour was getting to rag, then the second hour we killed rag, reorganized the group, got to ony, downed her, and did loot for both.

No luck for me with loot, but hopefully I'll get in on the fresh MC run tonight. Wish me luck, will stream it if I get in the group.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:22 PM
SOA

Wow. So, since last week the guild had too many tanks, I was benched on the guild raid. Monday night rolls around and I see a group looking to pug MC, so I join and end up main tanking it. Despite rough (and late) starts, we end up getting to and clearing 4 bosses in around 4 hours, which was somewhat of a miracle considering the people we were running with. 2 tank pieces dropped but I lost both rolls.

Then yesterday with the reset, I switched to dual-wield dps and got in the guild run, where we cleared all 10 MC bosses in 2 hours and did Onyxia in the next half hour. I got Obsidian Edged Blade, so I switched talents again for a 2-hand build. Now that Dire Maul is out, I'm going to have a lot of fun filling out the rest of my dps set to see how I do on next week's raid. Needless to say, this guild is working pretty great for me.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:27 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPim View Post
Wow. So, since last week the guild had too many tanks, I was benched on the guild raid. Monday night rolls around and I see a group looking to pug MC, so I join and end up main tanking it. Despite rough (and late) starts, we end up getting to and clearing 4 bosses in around 4 hours, which was somewhat of a miracle considering the people we were running with. 2 tank pieces dropped but I lost both rolls.

Then yesterday with the reset, I switched to dual-wield dps and got in the guild run, where we cleared all 10 MC bosses in 2 hours and did Onyxia in the next half hour. I got Obsidian Edged Blade, so I switched talents again for a 2-hand build. Now that Dire Maul is out, I'm going to have a lot of fun filling out the rest of my dps set to see how I do on next week's raid. Needless to say, this guild is working pretty great for me.
Sounds like it's going well!

I got to 33 on my hunter last night.. enjoying this more. Feels more realistic for what I plan to do, which is mainly world PVP and maaybe PUG a raid sometime.

Also left the guild I was in after about 10 minutes of them going on about the history of the KKK and how the Democratic party is ruining America. Not that there was a debate, I'd just rather no guild chat than that filling up the chat window
Old 10-21-2019, 01:49 PM
SOA

Got my warrior up to 300 blacksmithing and axe weaponsmith specialization. I also picked up Edgemaster's Handguards for a pretty good deal (240 gold) but that wiped me out completely. I'd love to start saving for my epic mount, but I feel like my money comes in so slow right now, so I started an alt! Leveling a mage that will be alchemist for transmute cooldown passive money making and AOE farming. Not sure how serious I'll be with the alt, maybe I'll use it more to play with friends as they level or just stop it at 35 for the transmutes, we'll see.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:20 PM
SOA

As much as I'd love to have an epic mount right now, I think I need to get my Lionheart helm asap. I'm at 200 out of like, 1000g needed. Wish I had a better money making system lol.

In other news, Phase 2 starts this Tuesday! World bosses and Honor system! Let's gooooo