Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Exam 3/MLC - Actuarial Models
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-11-2017, 03:25 PM
James Washer / Notes Contributor
SOA

WA solutions PDF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osvujdc3xw...tions.pdf?dl=0

I highly recommend you watch the video solutions for problems you struggled with.

We help people pass actuarial exams.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Non-Actuary

College: Cornell

All the videos and the pdfs are uploaded now, so they should be viewable in a few minutes. The pdf files should show up now as well.

Exam S Seminar, Free S solutions
Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 PM
SOA

College: Rochester Institute of Technology

This going to be a close one for me. I only got 14-16 MC right (can't remember what I put down for Q6 or Q8). I feel really confident with my WA for all except #4 and the 5 pointer on #6. Hopefully the SOA is generous with their partial credit on those. Still have over 2 months until the release date. This is going to be a long wait. Also, thank you for providing those free solutions. I really appreciate that!
Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 PM
SOA

Studying for C
College: Ball State University, Alumni, Master of Arts

I am right there with you, Dgoods. I made some silly mistakes on one or two of the MC. I should have had 18/20, but I am confident that I am at 16/20. I felt great on WA's 1 - 3, 5, and 6. I put something down for 4. If I were to guess I went 8, 8, 4, 3, 6, 5 (assuming the SOA gives some partial credit). I am just glad that I will be out of the country for nearly all of June. So, hopefully backpacking through south east asia will take my mind off this obsession.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:57 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Gambler View Post
Here is the PDF of the MC solutions. The WA PDF will be posted after I've completed the solutions. Unfortunately, I had some other things I needed to get done the past days and I will not finish the WA questions today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dionhj2iv...tions.pdf?dl=0

If anyone finds any errors, please let me know.

One student has already pointed at that 14 was worded poorly. One could interpret (iv) to be giving the dollar amount of the COI charge. In that case, you would not discount the amount.
I would say that one would have to interpret it as the dollar amount because it says 50 per 1000 of insurance, not 50 per 1000 people, implying that it's a dollar amount. When you do it that way though, you get an answer that doesn't quite round to C, and I ended up doing this problem 3 times spending far too much time on it
Old 05-12-2017, 10:50 AM
SOA

i got 18/20 on the MC and i'm still probably going to fail. i feel so not confident with my WA questions. If I do pass, it's going to be a very close 6.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:44 PM
SOA

I got 17/20 on the MC and using fairly harsh standards for partial credit I gave myself 38 on the WA (most of the deductions being on #4 and #6). That would put me at a 72, so I should be ok I think. Not that I feel super confident, but still.