Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-15-2017, 02:07 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Is it true there are no checkpoints in the raid?
There are check points, but the raid is structured differently than other raids.

The check points consist of opening the section and the battle. So, the first check point is after the baths. There isn't a check point if you don't complete the baths.

The second check point is after the pleasure garden. So, if you clear the baths, open up the pleasure garden, and leave - you have to start the game by opening up the pleasure garden again.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I streamed I watch had to quit the raid about 3/4th through yesterday because someone had to leave. They got back on later and finished, and I don't think they had to restart.

Unless it's trash, I'm getting Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch.
Is that Octopath demo on 3DS or Switch? Same question for upcoming game.
Is the XC series good? Wondering if I should get XC2.
I'm going to buy Skyrim on Switch at some point (not at launch and again assuming it isn't trash).
I didn't play the one on Wii U, since I never bought that console, but the Wii game was really good. It took me a little time to get a feel for the game (combat, side quests, etc) but once I did I was completely hooked and loved it completely. The reviews for the one on Wii U weren't as good but its definitely a series to keep an eye on if you like rpgs of this style.

Manipulating women...now THAT's hard. Probably because most woman have no clue what they like.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 PM
SOA

Metroid Samus Returns is so good. In traditional Nintendo fashion, they actually do a solid job on 3D. I know most people just turn it off, and I might as well, but I liked the look early on I just kept it on so far.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:13 PM
SOA

Found an awesome squad of random people for first person perspective PUBG last night using the PUBG reddit discord channel to find people.

We ended up going 5 wins out of 7 games. First 4 games were all wins, and even the last game we finished 2nd place. I clutched two of the wins, especially the first one, being the only member of our team alive. In that first game I ended up with 9 kills (a ton for a squad game) after being the only person alive with about 16 remaining. Another guy clutched one of the other wins being the only one alive for last 20 and getting final 4 kills. All those results launched me up the leaderboards and I'm now top 500 in Squad FPP, pretty cool considering how many people play the game.

Got a full squad wipe in about 5 seconds by destroying people as they drove up to the building my squad occupied (this was late last week), ended up posting it on reddit and had a YouTube guy reach out to me and ask to use it in one of his highlights videos. It isn't a massive channel, but still kinda cool. My short clip was around 4 min 21 sec mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcdFUcVI5I
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
There are check points, but the raid is structured differently than other raids.

The check points consist of opening the section and the battle. So, the first check point is after the baths. There isn't a check point if you don't complete the baths.

The second check point is after the pleasure garden. So, if you clear the baths, open up the pleasure garden, and leave - you have to start the game by opening up the pleasure garden again.
On Saturday I raided with the guys that said there were no check points. But it turned out they just never beat the baths. The gardens seem like they should be much easier than they actually are, and we didn't get any farther than that. Also, the chest before the gardens only dropped glimmer, so that was super frustrating.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:04 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
The gardens seem like they should be much easier than they actually are, and we didn't get any farther than that.
The Gardens mechanics are pretty bad, AND it is glitchy on top of that.

We wiped once because a beast teleported into the safe room when we were picking up the orbs... We all ended up stuck in the room.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:56 PM

I'm only at 217 power on my first character, and not done with the story. I didn't figure I would be raid ready for awhile.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:21 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I'm only at 217 power on my first character, and not done with the story. I didn't figure I would be raid ready for awhile.
The first character is slow, and harder to level without a clan (you can get 2 rewards that offer high level gear with a clan). The other characters are much easier to level, because you can transfer guns over and buy gear from Xur for those characters at your higher level 1st character.

It took me the first week to get my first character to 270, with lot's of hours of grinding.

My Titan (3rd character) which I played essentially only yesterday is 268 and I've yet to finish the campaign...
Old 09-18-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
The first character is slow, and harder to level without a clan (you can get 2 rewards that offer high level gear with a clan). The other characters are much easier to level, because you can transfer guns over and buy gear from Xur for those characters at your higher level 1st character.

It took me the first week to get my first character to 270, with lot's of hours of grinding.

My Titan (3rd character) which I played essentially only yesterday is 268 and I've yet to finish the campaign...
On my first (and only) character, it seemed 260 was easy, but a grind after that. I had to stretch to get my warlock to 270 for the raid, but after the 2nd pool try, I had to level down to 268 so I was using gear that worked for my play style. Now I think I'm a comfortable 272, and a 274 stretch.

I've thought about starting a 2nd character, but I hate levels where you can't run, so I'm dreading replaying that first story mission where you limp out of the city.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:

So, you have to transfer gear? I thought I heard it was based on your best gear across all characters. I assume I should wait until level 20 to worry about transferring gear to level that 2nd and 3rd character.

Also, I wasted legendary shards on accident. I was putting mods in my vault and saw "collections." I had two exotics, so I grabbed each and then noticed they cost shards. That was annoying that something in the vault cost stuff. That wasn't well explained.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one